Which one...?

Started by Aiala, May 29, 2016, 06:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Since a couple of my 2-speeds are still being serviced and won't be ready for this coming Friday's 8-day trip, I'm thinking of getting either A) a Penn Fathom Lever Drag 2-Speed FTH30LD2, or B) a Shimano TLD20IIA.

Which would you pick? Any/all input or suggestions glady welcomed; please weigh in.  :)

Thanks!

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

FatTuna

I have my eyes on a Penn torque 2 speed lever drag. Those are more expensive though.

Out of those two I'd go with the fathom.

RowdyW

I've got a 30IIA & it's a great reel, but I just love my Fin-Nor Marquesa MA50TII 2 speed much more.  It's the smoothest reel I've ever owned.    Rudy

Aiala

Well, the Torque was some kind of tempting, but a bit too $$$$ for me, so I ordered a Fathom 40N. Amazon had it for just over two bills, so that seemed like a solid choice, and it's a Penn... 'nuff said!  :) 

Can't wait to test-drive it!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

David Hall

Can't go wrong with that one.

boon

Throwing in a suggestion after the fact but whatever... the Okuma SLX reels are very solid, I just had a 50W apart and I'm sure the 20 is equally well built.

handi2

You will love the narrow reels. Much easier to handle and fish with.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

swill88

Quote from: Aiala on May 29, 2016, 06:24:20 PM
Since a couple of my 2-speeds are still being serviced and won't be ready for this coming Friday's 8-day trip, I'm thinking of getting either A) a Penn Fathom Lever Drag 2-Speed FTH30LD2, or B) a Shimano TLD20IIA.

Which would you pick? Any/all input or suggestions glady welcomed; please weigh in.  :)

Thanks!

~A~

Yesterday, the 28th, the woman in the turquoise sandals won the jackpot with this 50#+ BFT on the 1.5 day on the Prowler.  She caught it on a flat fall jig on the drop with a 2 speed Penn Fathom 25 LD.  She winched it up in low and used the rail and took about 10 - 15 minutes. She looked like a pro! (angler).

steve

Alto Mare

Very nice. Those Fathoms are worth the money.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.