what mono and why

Started by mak1, September 04, 2015, 07:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

If stealth is not an issue as for Sharks I have found nothing better than Ande Monster. It's so close in size to equivalent Big Game as not worth a second thought. However you can go down one line class & still fish the drag for the next size up line. Stretch is far less & lack of memory is great. How does it compare to Izorline ? I dont know.  Ande line has not caught on with the west coast bunch & some others.

If someone could give a legit reason why I'd like to know....Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: wtlfsh on May 29, 2016, 06:22:55 PM
you can downsize to Izorline 15# line and have a smaller diameter but better breaking strength. Our 15# is .0015 in diameter but breaks around 25 lbs. on a straight break on the line testing machine and its affordable.I am the National Sales Manager of Izorline.

Wendy Tochihara

nice, glad to find this post from this lady from Izorline, I have two big 1lb spools of 20# and 15# izorline that I havent used yet, I got them on fred hall show on Del Mar, Ca. two years ago, for when Im fishing from shore but they look so thin that I opted to better use big game 25 and 30 as long leaders when using 40# spectra.
but now I will start using those light lines for my local surf fishing species or fill the inshore reels like abu 5500 and sealine SL20sh

thanks
The Baja Guy

josa1

I've been using Izor XXX for a while now and have been very happy with it.  Seems to have the right blend of suppleness and strength to get the job done.

josa1