Ready to go!! 114h and 115L

Started by jhatch, June 02, 2016, 12:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhatch

Well I'm getting ready to head to do some land based sharking in Ft Morgan area this next week. So naturally I had to do some hotrodding to my penns.
I scored a silver Dom/Tom frame from Aiala. Upgraded both reels with ss gear sleeves and double ss dogs from Bryan Young. Pro Challenger gears in the 115L, ss yoke from Dawn and Bryan's 7 stack drag set. The 114h is a full frame model and was like new when I picked up for $75. It already had a new unused HT-100 kit so I left it alone for the time being. The 114H also received a factory steel main gear I had laying around. Mounted both on a pair of Davis Biggame 80-100lb class rods. Spooled the 114h up with 550 yards of 80lb spectra braid/175 yards of hi-seas 80lb mono topshot and the 115L got 700 yards of 100lb spectra braid/200 yards of 100lb hi-seas grand slam mono topshot. Hope to put some shark on the sand this next week. Thanks to Daron for some guidance!

anglingarchitect

Those should catch a shark from the beach.

mark

Shark Hunter

Best of Luck to you.
I expect a full report.
Life is Good!

David Hall

Don't forget Pictures, or it never happened!

Shark Hunter

J,
I just noticed. In two of those pics, you have the high bar in front. In one, you have the high bar in back. It doesn't really matter, but the High bar is intended to be in front based on the Accurate design.
Life is Good!

erikpowell

pssst.. have a closer look bro  ;)

jhatch

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 02, 2016, 05:48:14 AM
J,
I just noticed. In two of those pics, you have the high bar in front. In one, you have the high bar in back. It doesn't really matter, but the High bar is intended to be in front based on the Accurate design.
Daron, its in the front its just the way I took the photos. As a matter of fact the when the line is very low on the spool it touches that front bar its so high. lol hopefully I wont get spooled that far though. lol

jhatch

I also have a couple of Adams ss senator cranks I'going to install soon after I decide on what handles I want.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: erikpowell on June 02, 2016, 10:30:20 AM

Ahh,
The middle pick, the rod is facing down. That is what happens when you are on your 6th Tall Boy. ;D
J,
I really like The Handles Alan Sells. They feel really good in your hand. 5/0 Kokelar.

Life is Good!

jhatch

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 02, 2016, 01:47:52 PM

Ahh,
The middle pick, the rod is facing down. That is what happens when you are on your 6th Tall Boy. ;D
J,
I really like The Handles Alan Sells. They feel really good in your hand. 5/0 Kokelar.

thats what I'm leaning towards as well.

thorhammer

Ahh,

I just spit my coffee. Good one.

J,

erikpowell

Ahh,

;D ;D      I was only 3 deep, but catching up   ;D