Cortez 113H Clicker Installation

Started by Maxed Out, August 22, 2016, 08:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Hi everyone, I have got a few inquiries about some having an issue with the clicker on Toms 113H plates.... Here is how to properly install your clicker.

First we need to see why some are having issues, and the answer is very simple. The clicker spring is made to sit on a flush surface, and Toms plate design has most the clicker spring suspended. If you look at the factory spring it has a slight bend on the flange where the holes are, this keeps the spring firmly planted against a flush surface.  The cortez plates has the clicker off the surface where corrosion can occur, so the cortez plates are superior in clicker design IMO.

Here is a pic of one click spring I flattened out the flange on. The click spring on the right is untouched and you'll notice the flange bent slightly upwards more than flange on left that I slightly adjusted.....Do not attempt to tweak, distort or bend the ring portion of your click spring, just a slight adjustment on that flange only
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

....then install click button and set click ring onto click tongue. The tongue has rounded edges side and flat side. Make sure rounded side is up.

Maxed Out

.....then with the ring still on the click tongue, install 2 hex head screws and leave just a hair loose till you center the click tongue where the click ring is even on both sides. The ring part of the click spring should never have to be bent, tweaked or twisted to make it work right. The adjustment is all in the flange (first post), or with the 2 mounting screws.

....of course this is for demonstration and that is why it isn't lathered up with grease.

Ted

Bill B

Ted that's really clear concise installation tips...thanks for posting.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks Ted,
I had no idea there were issues.
If anyone has any other issues, please feel free to contact me. I'm never too busy to support my products or this site.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Rancanfish

I'm not that smart Ted.  I just grabbed the two sides and pulled up after I installed the screws. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 23, 2016, 12:39:34 AM
I'm not that smart Ted.  I just grabbed the two sides and pulled up after I installed the screws. 

me too
><)))">

RowdyW

thorhammer

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on August 23, 2016, 12:12:32 AM
Thanks Ted,
I had no idea there were issues.
If anyone has any other issues, please feel free to contact me. I'm never too busy to support my products or this site.
Tom

Tom, Ted's post here (Thank bud!!!) is not due to issues with the plates; rather the technician (Me!!!!). Ted is setting me up with up with some pieces to finish the builds on the last two sets I got from you; we were discussing that availability in IM so I happened to ask him about the spring and he was generous enough to post up for us (me). Super stoked to complete these last two and will post up the whole line. Then on to the jiggy plates I ordered from you today :)......