Frame and base
Rod clamp and mounting hardware
Side plates
Bearing cups and bearings
Eccentric insulator
Stainless steel hardware
Clicker assembly and clicker spring
Stainless steel anti-reverse dog

The Cortez Classic 146 Squidder Kits are finally available on the website!

Isn't it possible that the SS Dog will eat the Brass Bridge Sleeve??? Is there a SS Bridge Sleeve in hiding From me on the site?

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

thorhammer

I just got handles from Alan to finally finish the CC 4/0 projects, and built out my jiggy plates with Randy's wide frame kit, so I thought after months I'd be done and could get rod work on bench for a while... Well I thought this Squidders was gonna be simple.. Get silver kit to match the Jiggy kit I have. But Nooooooooo.... Colors dang it... Ice blue ordered this morning   ;D

Crap, I have a shoebox full of old Squidders with steel in them....here we go again..

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 11, 2016, 04:39:36 PM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on September 10, 2016, 09:59:04 PM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on September 04, 2016, 03:00:00 AM
These kits are 146 specific.
They are kitted as follows:
Frame and base
Rod clamp and mounting hardware
Side plates
Bearing cups and bearings
Eccentric insulator
Stainless steel hardware
Clicker assembly and clicker spring
Stainless steel anti-reverse dog

The Cortez Classic 146 Squidder Kits are finally available on the website!

Isn't it possible that the SS Dog will eat the Brass Bridge Sleeve??? Is there a SS Bridge Sleeve in hiding From me on the site?

Mike

Hello Mike,
To answer your first question, I don't think that the dog will eat the gear sleeve ratchet. The spring pressure and small distance of travel are minor.

As to your second question, yes I have fine thread SST gear sleeves with or without stars on the website.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: thorhammer on September 11, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
I just got handles from Alan to finally finish the CC 4/0 projects, and built out my jiggy plates with Randy's wide frame kit, so I thought after months I'd be done and could get rod work on bench for a while... Well I thought this Squidders was gonna be simple.. Get silver kit to match the Jiggy kit I have. But Nooooooooo.... Colors dang it... Ice blue ordered this morning   ;D

Crap, I have a shoebox full of old Squidders with steel in them....here we go again..

Sorry about that John! ;D Thanks for the business!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

here we go again is right!

dark blue for me... thanks Tom

steve

Alto Mare

Tom, the kit has arrived and look great. Thank you!
I did not install the gears yet, but checked everything else, all parts fit to perfection.
Here are a couple of pics:

I want to mention to everyone else that if you decide to use the hex head screws  for the bridge from McMaster Carr, those will not fit in Tom's plates, the head needs to be shaved as I did here:
The screw on the right has been shaved

Here is how I do it, i'm sure there is an easier way, but this works nicely for me

I use a drill press at low speed and a dremel at high speed both spinning at the same time
The screw holes are milled to perfection, Tom went deep for the two of the screws at the right side, I'm guessing so all screws could be of same sized, I like it!
The kit comes with plate screws, but not the bridge screws.
I'm going to recommend you grab yourself a bit set as the one I have here

These are 2" in length and  made in Germany, they're very nice and you could get them for $7, but you need to shop around. I just looked for them and can't find them. These bits will minimize damage to the plates, well to me anyway.

Tom, you did an amazing job again, you never disappoint us.
Thank you!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelhead_killer

><)))">

David Hall

Now that is a good looking reel.  Love that color.

Swami805

I was on the fence about the squidder conversion until I saw the pictures of the dark blue ones. So much for my new found pledge of financial discipline.  Thanks, I guess. I just keep telling myself "it will pay for itself in less than a year". It always worked in the past.
Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Wow Sal, that squidder is a work of art. Thanks for posting up pics of Tom's newest custom offering. I expect Tom will run out fast as soon as the word spreads around.

......this is why we're always on the edge of our seat wondering what cool custom surprises Tom has in store for us, and it's always worth the wait !!

Thanks again for showing Sal. BTW, the blue knob is the shizzle !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Decker

Wow, Sal!!  Someone should put a collection of some of these tricked out Penn reels on tour...  Penn (or the parent company) can sponsor, and open in Philly!

steelfish

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 19, 2016, 07:42:25 PM

I did not install the gears yet
Sal

Sal, what gears are you planning to install?
I just got a nice 146 from a local flea market and thinking on upgrading it or leave it stock
The Baja Guy