tom hryniuk's 146 squidder frames and side plates

Started by alantani, January 03, 2009, 01:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickatie1122

I'm glad you got rid of the knuckle buster switch.....I really wonder how many people use it anyway? ???

Cortez_Conversions

I just finished another run of frame kits, so if anyone's interested.....
I can do complete reels($225) as well as kits to rebuild your reel($175).
Just an FYI, my frame kit parts are not interchangable with anyone elses parts--my frame won't fit someone elses sideplates, etc..
When I got started with all this I contacted the big boys who were making this kind of stuff at the time and made sure that I wasn't walking into a lawsuit. They told me as long as I didn't use any of their copyrights or trade names, I was cool.
Taking it one step further, I had to change it up and make the design my own.
A kit includes both sideplates with clicker, frame, base, clamp,bearings in cups, new hardware, and a few other odds and ends. All the internal parts are stock Penn.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Joel.B

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Oh man do I want one of those

Cortez_Conversions

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

Black Widow Tackle

wallacewt

hi cortez-conversions
have you ever done anything similar for a lever drag reel?
cheers

Bryan Young

Quote from: wallacewt on April 15, 2013, 11:59:08 PM
hi cortez-conversions
have you ever done anything similar for a lever drag reel?
cheers
Wallace,

The Charter Special.  See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=501.0.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cortez_Conversions

I pay Bryan to keep tabs on my projects ;D Thanks Bryan!
The only other frame kit was Alans Charter special TR1000 and TR2000.
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

wallacewt

Alto Mare

After seeing this kit, I had to get one for myself

and decided to put it together.
I was going to show a few more pictures, but photobucket is acting up.
As most of my reels, this one also gets the ss sleeve. The sleeve had a little play, so I added a shim. These shims are not easy to find, so I make my own out of a brass washer, as you can see from the picture.

Tom included the dog with the kit, but I decided to customize one of the stainless dog from Lee

and it is working nicely

and here is the finished reel

Tom, I'm impressed!
You do some nice work and I'm glad  you're giving us the opportunity to own some.
The craftsmanship is amazing, everything fits to perfection.
This is now one of the best reel I have, I love it Tom.
Thank you!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

BMITCH

Beautiful reel Sal/Tom. Really amazing stuff.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

floating doc

Amazing work!  With all of the upgrades being developed for the other Penn. workhorse reels, these could be the foundation for a whole new level of Squidder.
Central Florida