Dolphinelectreel on penn 6/0

Started by thelostpirate, July 11, 2016, 02:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelostpirate

I have a penn 114h attached to a dolphinelectreel. the thing is awesome for light deep dropping. I had to replace my bridge and gear sleeve recently and it took me a little to get the unit apart and back together. So yesterday when i was updating my drag (thank you Motive Fab) I decided to take a few pictures of taking the unit apart to get to the 6/0 for service.

1. first removing the handle, simple enough, just a flathead screw

2. next remove the handle post, take a pair of pliers/channel locks and back the post out of the drag star

3. back out the drag star

4.now remove all of the torx head screws holding the top plate on

thelostpirate

5. with the top plate removed, you can see the drive chain. lift both sprockets and chain off as one unit

6. optional - I made marks across my plates and electric unit i found out the first time i serviced, that they do not use all of the original screw holes on the reel side plate and put reel back together and it would not fit on rod properly. the plate is twisted backward a little to allow the rod mount to be a little lower.

7. with the chain remove there are a few more torx head screws to remove that hold the reel to the eletric unit. note the silicone sealant this was on the reel the first time i serviced so i put it back, the reel does fit tight, but not water tight into the plastic frame.

8. you can see the additional holes in the plate that are used. At this point the service is the same, and the reassembly is just in reverse

RowdyW

The eccentric lever is mounted backwards.

thelostpirate

backward?? please explain. i thought it was working, but i probably messed something up

RowdyW

Turn the eccentric lever around so that it rests on the edge of the plate which acts as a stop. The way you have it mounted it over rotates.

thelostpirate

ah, ok i see that now. thank you very much.