11-99 JACKS for 501 and 99

Started by basto, January 16, 2017, 05:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

My schematics for these 2 reels say they both take an 11-99 jack , but on my reels they don`t look like the same part???????

Any comments welcome.

cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

mhc

Hi Basto,

They are shape variations of the same part that can be interchanged - the critical dimensions are the same, width, tab locations, cam connection point. etc. You can find both styles in jigmasters in either plain brass or chromed like the ones you are showing - I've only pulled one silver beach 99 apart and it had the open style like your 99 has. I don't know if there was a period for each style but the stronger closed cam hole version has carried on to the present. The open 'hook' style easily bent out of shape if the cam was forced while the pinion or yoke was caught or stuck.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

basto

Hi Mike
Thanks for explaining that. Very interesting. I am learning all the time.
Greg

Alto Mare

Basto, I'm not sure about the Jack on top, but the one below is all stainless. I believe we talked about it before on another post.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Hi Sal
That is very interesting. I will add that to the notes on my 99. The jack and eccentric have a whiter look than the bridge on that reel.