Searching for Abu Ambassadeur Main Gear Part:19811

Started by Drisse, July 12, 2016, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi !

I'm searching for a main gear for an Ambassadeur Royal Express. The part number is 19811. Called Abu Sweden, but they did only have the pinion gear. The main gear is no longer in stock. Made a search and saw that Dadsoletackle had it, but they dont ship to Sweden.

http://store.dadsoletackle.com/abu-garcia-ambassadeur-drive-gear-5500c-5000-sp-89-0part-number-19811

Also sent Blakdogtackle in UK a mail, but no luck. Anyone here who have discontinued parts for sale or know where to find ?
Thanks in advance !

foakes

Hi Drisse --

If no one has one on the site -- have Dad's ship it to one of us -- and we will get it to you.

I have some -- but they are loose, and I cannot ID without a reel on my bench to check fit.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mikeysm

Try japan tackle they have a gear set that will fit.

Mike

Drisse

Drisse

mikeysm

Here is the part you need and they ship worldwide.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/drive-gear-5500c5000-890-p-1435792.html

Mike

Drisse

Thanks again mikeysm. I saw that ereplacementparts had it. Only problem with them is their shippingcost. Last time I had to email them and ask if their shippingcost was for real ;)

From another thread: "I found some parts I needed on Ereplacementparts. Just small parts and they landed on $45.
But I jumped high when I saw what shipping they suggested. Standard shipping to Sweden
$95..... Their cheapest shipping was $30 something and then the delivery should take a couple
of weeks. Cheaper for me to buy new reels Smiley"

mikeysm

I have several abu ultra mag xl 3 parts are getting hard to find.

Mike

oc1

If you're in it for the long term you could consider buying a parts reel.  Something like a broken handle knob will cut the cost of a reel in half at the auction and the shipping costs of a used reel can be lower than that of a single part from commercial suppliers.
-steve