US113/113N Baja Special R&D

Started by Keta, July 23, 2015, 08:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

On hold until I get the time, early November at best.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Hi Lee,

What are you doing with this project?  The reason I ask is because I was asked if I could increase the drag stack by 1 more HT-100 drag washer.  I have Wayne D's reel right now for measurement, but if you are also doing this, I'll leave it to you.  Please let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

This one is going to be a hard one. The keyed washers on the Baja are .52mm in thickness, the Carbon fiber washers are 1.10mm. ( these are the ones I have and only have one set, so correct me if I'm wrong)
Not sure if this is valid or not, but during my personal tests, the carbon fiber washers that were less than 1mm didn't do too good.
On the 113HX, I requested carbon fibers washers to be at least 1mm and up, Adam's are 1mm as well.
If you replace the existing 1.10 carbon fiber washers with the 1mm  washers, you still won't have enough room for an additional washer.
The bottom of the main gear is 3.35mm in thickness, maybe you could shave .50mm off, that might do it, but it is a lot of work.
I'll be anxiously waiting to see what you guys come up with.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Thanks Sal.  I have yet to open the reel up to do some measurements.  If I cannot make it work with the HT-100s, it would not be worth it because it'll be difficult to find a fiberglass reinforced drag washer to take the sheer load.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I was working on AR ratchets and dogs, the drag is about as good as we can do with carbon fiber drag material.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Lee, I too was referring to the AR ratchet and dogs tooling.  Thanks.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

Mark Twain