New Penn Slammer III

Started by coastal_dan, July 01, 2016, 06:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Just saw a post on FB this AM from Penn...The Slammer Series is back; Slammer III.  Series all they way up to a 10500 size @ $349.99!  CNC Gears, sealed drag system.  Very curious to see these... Does Tony or John have any new info on these?  Will these be USA made or overseas (not that it matters to me, just curious...I love my Clash and Fathoms  ;))
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

coastal_dan

Also just noticed some info about a Torque 2 Spinner coming out at iCast...should be a great year for Penn!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

cwillis85

There is a video up for the slammer on YouTube. J@H just sent an email with info on both reels as well.

I asked my wife if I could get one,  she asked if that was the reel I spent too much money on a year ago,  I said No,  this is the new version. She told me to sell the old Torque to buy the new one. She just doesn't understand.

Can't wait!  :)
Chris

bluefish69

Chris

That's why I don't open the totes with all the Newell's in them. Just sent a check yesterday for a 322 no letter. Then there are the Penn totes & Spinners are catching up.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

handi2

I've always liked the old Slammer reels. Even the old Baitrunner style. They lasted much longer than the new Live Liner reels. I'm always repairing the live liner function on the SSV reels.

These reels look like they put some thought into them. Maybe they won't need a pre service! I'll fing out when I get one.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

johndtuttle

Quote from: coastal_dan on July 01, 2016, 06:00:29 PM
Just saw a post on FB this AM from Penn...The Slammer Series is back; Slammer III.  Series all they way up to a 10500 size @ $349.99!  CNC Gears, sealed drag system.  Very curious to see these... Does Tony or John have any new info on these?  Will these be USA made or overseas (not that it matters to me, just curious...I love my Clash and Fathoms  ;))

I have a preview of the Slammer III post up on Stripers Online:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/657189-penn-slammer-iii-pre-icast-sneak-peak/

but I haven't seen a Torque 2 yet.

Also there will be some Okuma Previews of the new Makaira Spinner and the Metaloid spinner.

I don't post these previews here as they are not service tutorials per se.

Alto Mare

John, nice job showing us that reel, your work is always excellent.
The Slammer III looks good, nice gears, maybe the brass gears vs cast aluminum was taken from here ;D.
I would have liked to see the spool shaft going into a bushing at the back end, but I'm sure it's designed right to withstand the additional drag.
Thanks for the preview John.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like maybe you are vying for the title as America's next Alan Hawk.

Well done!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.