Titanium handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, July 13, 2016, 03:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Adam, I personally have a bunch of counterbalanced handles, but I'm in need of the Sal's handles. I know I could easily make some from the counterbalanced ones, but would bother me destroying your masterpiece :).
I will need some for the Jigmasters and 113h, hopefully you'll move up to the larger sizes soon.
I know the 113h are plenty strong, but as stated earlier, I wouldn't mind if the 113h would be of the same thickness as the larger ones.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

spc7669

Adam,
I need to bump my order from one Sal's Handle to two.
Thanks,
Patrick

Three se7ens

I just got another batch of titanium handles from the cutter a few days ago, and am working on getting them ready to be shipped out.  Ill start with the 113H requests from the last batch and go from there.  Ill be sending out invoices as parts are ready to ship.

Once I get caught up on orders, Ill look into the larger reels, like the 114H/115 and the 10/0+.

steelfish

Compadre Do you have any Sal style for the Baja Special?
The Baja Guy

emoore

Quote from: Three se7ens on July 13, 2016, 03:30:23 AM
Since I have had a few cases of the Sal's handle style handles bending under heavy load, I wanted to offer a heavy duty version of that design.  There just wasn't much I could do with the design to strengthen it without losing the the original design theme.  So instead I went with a stronger material.  In this case, its grade 5 titanium.  Titanium is significantly stronger than the 316 stainless used in my other handles, its completely impervious to salt water corrosion, and is also very springy.  It tends to return to its original shape if it does flex.  Its also light.  Very light.  The stainless version of the 113H handle weighs 32 grams, while the titanium weighs just 18 grams.

But there is a downside.  Titanium is expensive.  So these handles will have to be priced higher than the stainless versions.

The Sal's handle will be $24 each for all of the following fitments:  112H/jigmaster long version, 113H, Newell 200-600, and Penn Baja special/torque 200-300/etc.

The counterbalanced handle will also be available for $34 each for all of the following fitments:  113H, Newell 200-600, and Penn Baja special/torque 200-300/etc.

The long version of the 112H/jigmaster handle is the same length as the 113H handle.  I will consider offering any other sizes and designs if there is a demand for it.  The Baja special is a new fitment, and I will be adding that as an option to all of my current designs. 

If youre interested in purchasing any of these, just reply here with what you want.  I have material, but so far Ive only had a few samples cut. 

BL90292

Do you have any stock for the titanium version Sal's handle for Newell ?

I have a number of Newell reels that I would like to test out the fit and finish.

I also have an older Pro Gear 454 / YTS that could also use a new handle.
Do you know if the 113 handle bar will fit ?

Please let me know what is the total including postage to CA, 90292.

Thank you !
Benjamin

Dan-J

If you still have a Sal's handle for a Jigmaster I would like to purchase one.  I plan on using a Pro-Challenger Knob on this.

I also need 2 SS Sal's Drag Stars for a Jigmaster,  1 with coarse threads and one with fine threads.

Thank you.

spc7669

I'm gonna need two Sal's stars for a 113H with my two handle arms as well.
Thanks,
Patrick

RAze1

I am looking for a counter-balanced titanium handle for my Shimano Ocea Jigger 2000. I would be willing to settle for one, even without the shaft cut-out.

Three se7ens

I have a few of these titanium handles still in stock:

Sal's handle
(6) for the Jigmaster/112H/etc
(6) for the 113H
(1) for Newell 200-600

Balanced handle
(4) for the Jigmaster/112H/etc

PM me to place an order.  Please include reel fitment, quantity, and hole size for the knob.  Also include your email for paypal so I can send you an invoice.

spc7669

Dan-J

Bryan Young

Quote from: BL90292 on October 23, 2016, 07:28:06 AM
Do you have any stock for the titanium version Sal's handle for Newell ?

I have a number of Newell reels that I would like to test out the fit and finish.

I also have an older Pro Gear 454 / YTS that could also use a new handle.
Do you know if the 113 handle bar will fit ?

Please let me know what is the total including postage to CA, 90292.

Thank you !
Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,

Yes, the 113H handle arm will fit the ProGear 454/YTS.   It will also fit the 545, 541, 440 and the 441.

The jigmaster handle are will fit the ProGear 251 and 255 as well.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gulfshoresangler

Do you have any updates on the 115l handles?