Another United Composites US90Monster

Started by Jon Vadney, July 07, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

United Composites US90 Monster, Fuji BHNNG's, acidwrapped.

steelfish

tooo dang beautiful to think on fishing with it

btw, what's the model of the guides?
The Baja Guy

Jon Vadney

Quote from: steelfish on July 07, 2016, 11:36:23 PM
tooo dang beautiful to think on fishing with it

btw, what's the model of the guides?

Thanks man.  The guides are Fuji BHNNG's.

Rivverrat

The work on that rod is sick. The color choice is'nt for me. But the work you did is great !  I've a much better appreciation for what you've done on this rod since I've been building a couple of rods. Not that I didnt notice before... It's now I have an even greater understanding & deeper appreciation for what you've done    ...Jeff 

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Jon Vadney

Thanks Mo65

Quote from: Rivverrat on July 17, 2016, 04:47:14 PM
The work on that rod is sick. The color choice is'nt for me. But the work you did is great !  I've a much better appreciation for what you've done on this rod since I've been building a couple of rods. Not that I didnt notice before... It's now I have an even greater understanding & deeper appreciation for what you've done    ...Jeff 

Thanks man :)  I agree, the colors aren't my first choice either, but this is what the client wanted so I don't argue haha.

steelfish

Jon, another excellent build.

let me ask you a question I have from some time.

why some guys build their acid rods with a mini guide right after the 1st one (striper guide), they call it, the bumper guide, and after that bumper guide the start the transition on the spiral wrap, I have seen that on the aussy and New zeland fishing shows, but never on US custom rods.

do you know anything about this bumper guide?

The Baja Guy

Jon Vadney

Quote from: steelfish on July 18, 2016, 08:18:37 PM
Jon, another excellent build.

let me ask you a question I have from some time.

why some guys build their acid rods with a mini guide right after the 1st one (striper guide), they call it, the bumper guide, and after that bumper guide the start the transition on the spiral wrap, I have seen that on the aussy and New zeland fishing shows, but never on US custom rods.

do you know anything about this bumper guide?

Chances are what you are seeing are jigging rods.  Going with a bumper style is the most aggressive form of transition and would affect the casting the most.  The thing with jigging rods, they are very parabolic and you want your line under the rod by the time you reach the "lock up" point of the blank.  When I build Jigging rods I use a bumper style build and go 0 degrees for my stripping guide, 90 for my bumper, 180 for the rest.  Stripping guide is either a 16 or a 20 and the rest of the guides are usually size 10.  Some builders like to do the transition so that the first 180degree guide is right where the rod locks up and so the first 2 or 3 guides will be on the 0degree axis.  I don't subscribe to that philosophy as I want to get the line to the bottom of the rod as fast as possible on a jigging stick. 

steelfish

The Baja Guy