Picking up the Tiburon Super Jigmaster Kits July 13. Take a Look at the Photos.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, July 08, 2016, 07:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

When I went to pick up the Super Jigmaster kits at Tiburon yesterday I tested them in a stock 500 and a stock 505HS.  They look great and spin and go in and out of gear beautifully, but I did not take them because the spools were slightly off center, as you can see in the photos below.  This could be easily adjusted with the Cortez or Accurate side plates with the adjustable right side bearings, but would be a problem for anyone using them with stock Penn plates with no right side adjustment, so I left them there and Tiburon is removing and replacing the spool shafts so that they will be properly centered.  I am going back down to So. Cal. to pick them up on Wednesday July 13 and will ship everyone's 500 and 505HS kits out by the end of next week.

As you can see in the photos, you can have the frames with or without the ulua graphics.  If you have not done so already, please let me know which you would like.  I still have a few sets of both the 500 and 505HS versions available, so please let me know if you would like them.  They are $195 for the complete kit (frame, spool and rod clamp kit) including shipping to anywhere in the USA, and $5 less for any additional kits to be shipped together with the first one.  

I am sorry to say that we are not going to be producing the kits with the Newell spools at this time because I made a mistake in thinking that we could use the same spool body as the Jigmaster spool.   Some of the Newells have smaller inside diameter trim rings and these spools are just a hair too large in diameter for those reels.  We will be making a run of 3" wide kits to fit the Newells but not until this Fall.

Thanks,

Randy

Maxed Out

Wow.. wow... wow ...Randy, those are spectacular !! You have pulled off another first and my bet is nobody even noticed that these have a matching silver rod clamp. I've never seen that style of Tiburon clamp in anything but black.....till now  :o :o

No surprise Tiburon is standing solidly behind their product, and no doubt they'll make the spools right. 8)

I'd love to have mine with the super jigmaster/ula graphics. If those are already spoken for then plain "super jigmaster" will work also.

Thanks a million !!

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

mikeysm

The frame will be here just in time for my first day off from work since June 29th. I have run out of projects and need a recharge.

Mike

thorhammer

Randy, I'll take the ulua graphic on my set. Thanks for leading this; outstanding.

John

anglingarchitect

Sal converted one of my jig masters to a super jiggly. That means I have a used 9 out of 10 jiggly frame and spool to sell if any body needs one.

David Hall

Love that Candy Apple red.  Looks like a real hotrod, or a reel hotrod?

thorhammer

Quote from: anglingarchitect on September 08, 2016, 02:17:29 PM

Sal converted one of my jig masters to a super jiggly. That means I have a used 9 out of 10 jiggly frame and spool to sell if any body needs one.

What color and size

anglingarchitect