New Acrylic revamp on Tom's plates.

Started by STRIPER LOU, August 05, 2016, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

I posted this several days ago as a WIP. It was actually a custom build for bill19803 and I didn't want to post anything without his permission.

He was looking for a 4/0 handle that would fit his Fisherlady comfortably. Gracie helped with getting the correct size and of course I got plenty of other comments and instructions. Its all good though as she's a Sweetheart and has tolerated my crankiness for a long, long time!

We modeled it on a 4/0 and it fit her perfectly. As luck would have it I was finally getting around to completing my First CC jigmaster. I've been so busy I just haven't been able to get to them.  Being in the Tooling business for 50+yrs I was quite impressed when I first saw Tom's plates and even more so after assembly. Everything went together like a fine watch! Absolutely no problems at all. Very, very, nice work Tom!!!!

Looking at the CC green jiggy 99, I just didn't have a handle for it. The color on Bill's handle was  perfect match so we tried it for size and feel. Perfecto!  Now I have to make a couple for myself.

If anyone is interested in one of these I'd be willing to do some on a made to order basis. They are not cheap as this one had well over a days work in it. Lead time would probably be 2 to 3 weeks.  PM me for details.
Just starting to get caught up here.

What do you think of the combo?

Thanks all and its time to make one for myself!
Have a great evening,    regards,  .. Lou

PS We even went with a flanged shaft for xtra strength.

STRIPER LOU

And here's one without the flash.

foakes

That handle is gorgeous with that black and green custom combo!

Fantastic artistry, Lou.

If it is possible -- you are just getting better.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

pjstevko

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 05, 2016, 09:14:16 PM
That is the best looking one yet Lou.

While it is beatiful......

i think the black/blue/purple knob he sold me is the BEST looking one yet but you'll have to make a little bit until i get it on my reel to judge for yourselfs

David Hall

No the orange and black one he made for me is prettier!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RiverAngler

Lou, that is absolutely stunning! It takes time, patience, and lots of skill to do that. I'm very impressed with your work.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Big Tim

Lou, that's freakn' NICE. And what do you have in Maroon & Black? or something close for my jigmaster.

BT

STRIPER LOU

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I really appreciate it. I had a black/pearl swirl finished the other day and it left the shop before I got a chance to take a pic. It would go crazy good with Tom's black plates!

Big Tim, I may have a maroon pearl and a maroon silver. I'll look and try to post up some pics tomorrow night.
Everyone have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Bill B

That's really good looking combination......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

spc7669

I'm with Daron. That's the best yet. Fantastic work

mike1010