THE WIND FINALLY CALMED DOWN

Started by Dominick, June 11, 2016, 10:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on June 12, 2016, 03:03:11 PM
Love watching you and Joe on another journey... you guys are the greatest!
Nothing like a stogie and a marlin... thus the term "smoked marlin"
Have a blast gents,
Dom
Dom Joe says he does not smoke stogies.  That is a Cuban Montecristo.  The guy has class.  I'll post more photos when I upload to photobucket.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

I finally got around to uploading June pictures.  I thought I would post a few more photos.  Dominick

My pal Joe with 2 of the Bonita.

Marlin just before it hit the live cabalito bait.

The fish takes the bait and makes its first jump.

Joe working the fish.

Marlin coming along side the boat.

Mate, Daniel has the leader.

Daniel could not find his gloves.  You need protection from the bill.  It's like grabbing a wood rasp with 150 lbs of muscle shaking it.

coming over the side.

Joe giving the mate a hand.  I was busy taking pictures.

Lupe the captain came off the bridge to give a hand. 

We took the photos and released the fish to fight another day.  Here is a picture of one of the parasite fish that dropped out of the gills of the marlin when we had it in the boat.  Ugly sucker.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That was a Nice Marlin Dominick. Glad to see You and Joe in Action. ;)
That one nice fish makes the trip worthwhile. ;D
Life is Good!

FatTuna

Nice pictures. Looks beautiful down there.

Man that parasite is nasty looking. We have these things call sea lampreys. They leave these pock mark scars on fish. I always do the fish a favor and remove them.

oc1

Really nice marlin.  Those marlin suckers (remora) are actually good for the marlin.  They clean the dead skin and eat the parasitic copepods.
-steve

Tightlines667

Now that looks like fun.  Glad you had another good trip this year.  Nothing wrong with that frisky billfish there.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Very nice job, Dominick and Joe. By the way, how come Joe is not a member here, or is he? Maybe we're small peanuts to him :-\  ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Steve-O

Great report and pics, Dominick!

Glad to hear the wind died and you got out on the water.

now...I must be really blind.....but is the parasite under the green towel?....I see the guy's thumb, green towel and background stuff...did the parasite flop off the towel when you took the pic?

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 02, 2016, 12:19:29 PM
Very nice job, Dominick and Joe. By the way, how come Joe is not a member here, or is he? Maybe we're small peanuts to him :-\  ;D.
Joe thinks high tech is using a Bic lighter.  He does not do computers.

Quote from: Steve-O on August 02, 2016, 04:19:06 PM
Great report and pics, Dominick!

Glad to hear the wind died and you got out on the water.

now...I must be really blind.....but is the parasite under the green towel?....I see the guy's thumb, green towel and background stuff...did the parasite flop off the towel when you took the pic?
Take another look.  You are looking for something small so you are missing the big picture.  The remora is smack in the middle of the towel.  Dominick

Steve-O

Got It!  I have two monitors and one is less bright than the other. I now see the sucker pad on top of the remora's head.  Looking at it on the brighter monitor increased the contrast between the guy's shirt, shadows and remora.

We found one about a foot and half long in shallow water in Panama City FL when I was a young teenager and would take turns sticking it on our chest or back and then stand up out of the water when people walked by. A real hoot to see and hear their freaking out reactions.

Dominick

Quote from: Steve-O on August 02, 2016, 07:46:52 PM
Got It!  I have two monitors and one is less bright than the other. I now see the sucker pad on top of the remora's head.  Looking at it on the brighter monitor increased the contrast between the guy's shirt, shadows and remora.

We found one about a foot and half long in shallow water in Panama City FL when I was a young teenager and would take turns sticking it on our chest or back and then stand up out of the water when people walked by. A real hoot to see and hear their freaking out reactions.
Funny Steve.  Kids having fun grossing out adults.  Dominick

redsetta

Great report Dominick - thanks for taking us along!
Stoked for ya.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer