Boss 870 and 270

Started by Black sheep, August 06, 2012, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black sheep

Does anyone know the size of the anti reverse bearings for these reels. There seems to be a lot of turmoil about accurate no longer supporting these reels . Boca bearing list the other bearings in kit form but not the anti reverse , they are listed by size. Wanting to check and see that they carry them also     Thanks

alantani

i did one of these one time.  you have a standard 10 inside diameter.  here's a list from http://www.bocabearings.com/search.aspx?SearchType=full&CategorySet=5&ColumnNumber=3&ValueChoice=Metric  i used a shimano AR bearing, but had to grind away at the side plate to get it to fit.  it was no fun.  the AR bearing that avet used was german and is no longer available.  THAT is actually the problem.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jim

The only thing Accurate isn't able to service is replacing a very strange old AR bearing in the oldest series of Boss reels. Not by choice, but because the bearing manufacturer isn't making them any more.

Having never needed to replace one of my AR bearings (probably because I service them regularly)  don't know for sure, but recall reading that the AR bearings are pressed in with a hydraulic press, which I don't have but they do. If you're really worried, send them in for bearing replacement, then take good care of them. They'll probably out live you. (OK well probably me.  :D )