tutorial for accurate boss magnum 870

Started by freeze69, May 03, 2011, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeze69

Hi alantani.. was wondering whether u could provide tutorial
For breaking down and servicing boss magnum 870..?
Really interested in servicing my own reel..
Thanx..

Mr GreenJeans

On the Accurate website they have Power Point tutorials on reel maintenance.  They are labeled as being for the 500, 600, etc.  But I don't think they changed very much from the older models.  In fact, some of the photos look like they came from the older models and they didn't bother to change them out for newer pictures.

alantani

i will try to do a tutorial when i clear out this backlog of reels that i have to service.  i have avoided writing a tutorial in part because i did not want to slam the design and the way it is put together.  i just finished a set of 5 870 b-2's. every reel had a problem.  in that set of 5 reels, anything that could possibly go wrong, did go wrong.  very discouraging.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Projectd

jus bought another reel .... Accurate B-870M Narrow 6-1 Blue

went thru the site... their tutorial really sucks big time.

*hint* ---> Alan waiting for u :)  ;D

Owen

Quote from: alantani on May 04, 2011, 05:56:45 PM
i will try to do a tutorial when i clear out this backlog of reels that i have to service.  i have avoided writing a tutorial in part because i did not want to slam the design and the way it is put together.  i just finished a set of 5 870 b-2's. every reel had a problem.  in that set of 5 reels, anything that could possibly go wrong, did go wrong.  very discouraging.  alan

Very discouraging indeed.
I thought shelling out the bucks for a B2-870 would be worth it, but I've had issues also.
The hex that the preset sits on rounded off as I've seen elsewhere here  :-\
Accurate were great in replacing the side plate and some other parts at no charge as the reel at that time was less than a year old.
But it's never really been right since.
If I tighten the cast control to stop over-runs then it gets very hard to engage the drag lever.  >:(

Any tips on upgrading this model would be appreciated!