Custom slide bait rod

Started by Lowprofile, August 01, 2016, 02:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Built this up last week. I designed it for slide bait fishing from shore on the rocks and pier but can also use it from the beach. Super excited to fish it. 36" polished stainless butt (towel rack rated at 55kg), ferruled reel seat (#2 size), 6'6" glass blank, alps guides with Fuji tip. 25.20,16,12,12,12,12 and 12 tip. Pairing it with a pen US senator 113W. 500 yrds of 80lb braid and topping it off with 50 or 60lb mono, whichever I can get away with casting
Just FYI, it was drizzling in the pics, I don't have epoxy drips on the rod. I'm actually quite proud of my finish job on this one. I've been doing the underwrap first with finish and then wrapping the guides and it comes out great. None of those unsightly mounds of epoxy under the feet you see on some rods.

Happy fishing!

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

David Hall

Very clean, nice looking and  a classic Penn will look right at home on this one.

Bryan Young

Love the SS butt and ferruled reel seat.  Beautiful Ulua.

Though you up to your knees in quick sad when I first look at your pic.

Where did you find that reel seat?  I'm looking for one for my brother's pole.  I have a 2 piece surf blank that is 12' and want to extend it by 4 feet for his oio fishing adventures.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Lowprofile

That seat is unmarked and a size #2 if your going off of Uni butt sizes. I have a varmac seat that is a 4 and pac bay makes ferruled seats. They don't size them by 2,3,4 etc they go by MM. I was lucky and picked that one up for $10, pacbays are over $40.

http://www.mudhole.com/Channel-Lock-2-Ferruled-Saltwater-Aluminum-Reel-Seats

Here's tonight's ULUA. It ate some octopus