Help!!! Penn Spinfisher 9500 SS 3rd Gen Grinding After Servicing

Started by Mattymo92, August 03, 2016, 02:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattymo92

Hello All,

Please help! I have a question around a weird noise I'm getting from my reel... I just, for the first time ever, dis-assembled, cleaned, re-greased and oiled, and re-assembled a reel. It was my 3rd Gen Penn Spinfisher 9500 SS. Its an old model but only been used maybe 6 times. After servicing with the help of a YouTube vid, I noticed a slight grinding noise as the bail floats to its lowest place on the rotor. When the bail is removed, the noise does not occur... Additionally I noticed that the noise doesn't occur if reeled upside down  ??? ... I am hoping that it is not a bent shaft since it has barely been used and was not doing this before I serviced it... Does anyone have an ideas as to what could be causing this? I posted a few YouTube links of vids of my reel. You can hear the grinding pretty clearly.

With bail:
Bail off:

Thanks in advance!!!

- Matt M.

Mattymo92

Thanks Joe. I will check that.

Everyone, I accidentally created two of these because I didnt think this one successfully posted. The other thread that has progressed further is right here if you have any ideas and wanna join the conversation. http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18801.0

Thanks!
Matt M.