Question for kayak fishing

Started by Bill B, August 23, 2016, 06:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

One thing I learned, between scuba diving and now kayaks.....lanyards, lanyards, and more lanyards.....I tied off everything, using either quick snap buckles or snap hooks....I kinda look like a bowl of spaghetti but wont loose anything from a turn over..I have everything tied to one side of the yak in hopes that I dont get tangled and for that I have an emergency knife buckled to my PFD.. dont forget the PFD your life may depend on it....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

swill88

Quote from: TARFU on October 03, 2016, 08:56:13 PM
One thing I learned, between scuba diving and now kayaks.....lanyards, lanyards, and more lanyards.....I tied off everything, using either quick snap buckles or snap hooks....I kinda look like a bowl of spaghetti but wont loose anything from a turn over..I have everything tied to one side of the yak in hopes that I dont get tangled and for that I have an emergency knife buckled to my PFD.. dont forget the PFD your life may depend on it....Bill

Bill, does the knife float?

Steve

Bill B

im Afraid not, but it is buckled into the sheath and buckled to the vest.... there may be a flaw to my prep..... :-X   Bill

swill88

Quote from: TARFU on October 03, 2016, 10:02:45 PM
im Afraid not, but it is buckled into the sheath and buckled to the vest.... there may be a flaw to my prep..... :-X   Bill

cool beans brother!

(man, that feels good)

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Bill B

oc1

The only lanyard I use is the ten-foot coiled leash from my ankle to the boat.  The rod(s) go into horizontal holsters running parallel to the hull.  Everything else goes into snap-lock box lashed to the deck.  I've flipped plenty of times and lost plenty of stuff but never felt my personal safety was threatened by it.
-steve

edit: Oh, forgot about the eighteen teen inch sea anchor (drift anchor).  It is tethered from just behind the seat with a three to four foot line so it can never touch the rudder.

erikpowell

Quote from: oc1 on September 29, 2016, 07:42:32 AM
Helping the guy out is one thing, but GIVING HIM YOUR ONLY BEER!!!  There are limits.
-steve

;D ;D