Thanks for the help Alan Tani

Started by GeorgeN, August 25, 2016, 12:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

Alan,  I am George Nochta who had problems with my account when I tried to change my email address today.  It is now working!!  I do not know if you were personally responsible for getting me back and operational again, but I want to extend a personal thanks for everything that you do through this very special Reel Repair reference forum (s) I have only been a member a few years, but have spread the word about what a class act alantani.com is.  Keep up the excellent tradition of a great network of help in reel repair for all of us out here to connect and help one another.   :D

josa1

alantani

hey, no problem!  so, the email notifications stopped working several years go.  very rarely, one will get through, but that's about it.  personally, i think godaddy shut them down. they actually shut down the entire website last march because we were "adversely affecting our neighbors" on our shared server.  so what happened to their promise of unlimited bandwidth?  i guess they didn't figure on us getting 2 million hits in one month.  someday, maybe i'll figure out this email thing.  until then, we'll just have to continue hobbling along.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

alantani

ok, i called godaddy and the guy there gave me some changes to try.  if the email notifications start working again, can you guys please let me know?  thanks!  alan

sdlehr

Alan, do you mean email or PM notifications? I've been getting the latter, I don't know anything about email notifications, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding or not.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

alantani

well, i changed it.  when you get a pm, do you receive a separate email notifying you that you got a pm?

Decker

Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2016, 05:26:04 AM
hey, no problem!  so, the email notifications stopped working several years go.  very rarely, one will get through, but that's about it.  personally, i think godaddy shut them down. they actually shut down the entire website last march because we were "adversely affecting our neighbors" on our shared server.  so what happened to their promise of unlimited bandwidth?  i guess they didn't figure on us getting 2 million hits in one month.  someday, maybe i'll figure out this email thing.  until then, we'll just have to continue hobbling along.   ;D

So that is the history...   

alantani

guys, i'll be messing around with the server mail settings.  hopefully this will not implode. 

thorhammer

ya'll do know this will communicate double-secret probation IM reel transactions between members to the outside world...sure this is a good idea?

Decker

Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2016, 07:26:54 PM
guys, i'll be messing around with the server mail settings.  hopefully this will not implode. 
You can do it, Alan!

sdlehr

Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2016, 07:06:11 PM
well, i changed it.  when you get a pm, do you receive a separate email notifying you that you got a pm?
Ah, got it! No, I don't get an email.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector