Grizzly Rolling Tool Tray

Started by STRIPER LOU, August 31, 2016, 11:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Got this from Grizz a few weeks ago and really, really like it. Its a rolling tool tray, adjustable hgt, moves easily on wheels and has a rimmed tray area about 13 x 14. Good for 30lbs.

Bench space is always at a premium here and this worked out very well for all my tools and lubricant's, as it keeps everything in arms reach without taking up precious bench space. I have also used it at the mill and as a place to take pictures and I think possibilities could be endless. Going to add a tray on the bottom to hold extra goodies.

No instructions but pretty straight forward and takes about 15 minutes  to assemble. One word of caution is that it may seem to be partially assembled but that is not the case. Things were kinda thrown together to take up less room in the box for shipping. Orientation on some parts is not correct and a flip or two here and there makes it all good to go again.

It was on sale for $19.99 and shipping was around 8 bucks. It may be off sale now but the nice thing about Grizzly is a quick phone call gets you what you want at the sale price.

I was using Fred Oakes tray system which worked out well but with limited space at the end of the day I found my self transferring to a close top container. Now I use Sterlite shoe box size containers and move that to and from the work area. If I don't complete the work Its already in a marked container and gets stacked with dozens of others.
One thing that is a pain though are small parts in the bottom of the container.
Quick solution was a small plastic drinking cup with the top cut down.

Lastly,  I assembled a Hopkins 2 x 4 Basics any size work bench kit with shelf links, Modlel # 90176MI for my neighbor. Came from Northern tool and makes a simple, extremely sturdy bench from 2 x 4's and plywood. Check for coupons from Northern before you purchase.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200226224_200226224?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=083116_FlashSale&utm_campaign=eDeals_FlashSale&utm_content=P17&cm_lm=lmaglione@sbcglobal.net&STATE=CT&HOT_MEM_CODE=&MARKETCODE=&om_rid=AAkdsy&om_mid=_BXxt0IB9RnE6mS

Hopefully you can find something useful here.
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou