Tonights Supper

Started by STRIPER LOU, August 19, 2016, 12:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Well, we splurged tonight. The last 3 or 4 weeks has seen some great seafood specials at Stu Leonard's. 3 weeks ago they had maine lobster tails for $3.99 EA. And then Maine lobsters for 5.99/lb and  the other day it was lobster claws.

Made a sauce w/ butter, garlic, white wine, onions, clam juice, and the usual Italian seasoning, parsley, oregano, basil, Red pepper flakes and a little bit of corn starch as a thickener.

Some PEI mussels, little neck clams, and of course the lobster claws. Made the sauce first and added the seafood in the last 5 minutes.

Topped the plate off with some EVOO, grana padono, crushed red pepper and fresh basil from a pot in our front window. I went back for seconds and it wiped me out, but I'm happy!!!!  :D  ;D
I'm done for the night! All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

PS the pasta was imported.

Dominick

I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.  Slurp slurp slurp.  Wish we could lobster that cheap.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RiverAngler

I just had dinner, read your post, and now I'm drooling!  ::) 

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

David Hall

ChileRelleno

DAMMIT MAN! :o
OH heck yeah, that looks fan'frickin'tabulous.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

newfuturevintage

Quote from: Dominick on August 19, 2016, 12:08:32 AM
I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.  Slurp slurp slurp.  Wish we could lobster that cheap.  Dominick

Dominick, intended or not, I'm now officially using "lobster" as a verb for eatin' 'em. I share your feelings on the matter.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Lou.
You know how to live. :P
Life is Good!

MarkT

I've never heard of Stu Leonard's. Where do you live that you get lobster tails for $4 a pound? Maybe I should move!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

STRIPER LOU

I'm in Ct. Mark. The lobster tails were 3.99 ea. Whole lobsters were on sale twice, once at 4.99 and the second time around was $5.99/lb.
We don't usually shop there as its a bit on the pricey side, but when the have a sale or unadvertised specials its really good!

They had broccoli that day for .69/lb.

Oh ya, they give lots of free food samples and on the way out they have an ice cream bar and huge grilled hot dogs 2 for $4.00

They make a lot of stuff right on the premises so you can see and sample.

And there you have it!
Regards, ..  Lou

Reel 224

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 20, 2016, 09:47:44 AM
I'm in Ct. Mark. The lobster tails were 3.99 ea. Whole lobsters were on sale twice, once at 4.99 and the second time around was $5.99/lb.
We don't usually shop there as its a bit on the pricey side, but when the have a sale or unadvertised specials its really good!

They had broccoli that day for .69/lb.

Oh ya, they give lots of free food samples and on the way out they have an ice cream bar and huge grilled hot dogs 2 for $4.00

They make a lot of stuff right on the premises so you can see and sample.

And there you have it!
Regards, ..  Lou

Lou;  Same prices here for Lobster, but we don't have a market like that, that serves samples and Ice cream and Hot dogs. I'm glad they don't or else I would spend every day at the market ::) ;D

That is a great looking dish you have there!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

The other day Joe they were making fresh mozzarella and I got a sample with sun dried tomatoes.
Yum!!!! I actually had a pretty good slice of pie there too. 2 slices and a large soda was $5.00. The slices were huge and had to be 10 or more inches across the back.
It was a white pizza with fresh muzz, ricotta, fresh tomato, spinach and garlic.
.................Lou

Reel 224

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 20, 2016, 06:53:36 PM
The other day Joe they were making fresh mozzarella and I got a sample with sun dried tomatoes.
Yum!!!! I actually had a pretty good slice of pie there too. 2 slices and a large soda was $5.00. The slices were huge and had to be 10 or more inches across the back.
It was a white pizza with fresh muzz, ricotta, fresh tomato, spinach and garlic.
.................Lou

Don't tell me that! Ive gained 10# Reading this post. ::) ;D Those prices are great.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."