PENN 6/0 WIDE FRAME

Started by sharkman, September 09, 2016, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I also think the thin stand is riveted to the frame and not bolted.
I'm at work, so I can't check right now.
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Your right about the rivets. The thick stands originally came with screws.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

RowdyW

Quote from: sharkman on September 14, 2016, 01:08:53 AM
Got the part in. Looked up part number sent on Scott's and it listed it as a conversion kit for half frame reels. The only problem the kit I received didn't have base or base plate screws. Looks great though. Worst case scenario could drill rivets out of half frame base and bolt on to new frame.
Sharkman, that frame you are showing came with the thin stand that was riveted to the frame. It was never available seperatley. Maybe you should see if you can return the frame & get your money back. Fishgrain who is a member here had one on ebay (maybe still does) complete. One week it's posted for $75 & another week it's posted for $85. Make him an offer if you can return your incomplete frame.        Rudy

RowdyW

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 14, 2016, 02:53:10 PM
Good to see you back Rudy. ;)
Thanks, glad to be back.  ;D

handi2

I should have the thin reel foot. I'll check today.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sharkman

The frame is new it is actually a penn made half to full frame conversion kit.  Where the base plate is riveted on the half frame this frame has threaded holes.

sharkman

Cone

I looked and I found the frame but not the stand.  :( I'll look again but I'm leaving tomorrow to try for a big gator. It has to be around. I'll look when I get back.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

sharkman

Thanks Cone. Good luck on gator

ez2cdave

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 14, 2016, 02:16:57 PMThe half frames use that thick stand. The stand you need is much thinner.

Actually, I have a HALF-FRAME 114HLW reel with the THIN STAND . . .  It's bolted on, no rivets.

handi2

This is the stand I have.

The screw pattern is 1 3/4" X 7/8".

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mizmo67

183-114HLW was just the frame by itself.

The full frame kit with stand and screws was 183-114HLWTCK, back when they used to have them.

Glad you were able to track down all those parts. We haven't had the full frames for many years now.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mley1

To add a bit to this thread, a question was asked about the side plates, whether they were regular 114H plates or the China made plates. I just got one of these reels, and took the plates off to clean her up. The side plates are regular 114H side plates that have all the screw holes to fit a regular 114H frame. However, the rings only have holes that will fit the frame. So, it makes it appear that the plates have fewer holes. They, at least mine, do not. And the plates are marked made in the USA.

If anyone wants a pic I'd be happy to pull the plates again.
Good luck fishing,

Marty

RowdyW

The last of the USA made 114h's had the rings with fewer holes. It was continued that way when production went to China & the amount of holes was reduced in the plates then too.     Rudy