Lake Erie Fish Photos

Started by hurt locker, September 13, 2016, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurt locker

Here are a few pictures of some different Fish that we caught over time. Steelhead, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, a couple of coolers of Walleye caught at night and a couple of nice Channel Cats.

hurt locker

More pics

hurt locker

More

hurt locker

more

hurt locker

Channel caught a couple of months ago by a friend 33lb

newport

Very impressive catches. I always wanted to fish large lakes like this.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Hey terrific.  I fished Ontario once and enjoyed it immensely.  That was my first large lake.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

hurt locker

Thanks Dominic, Erie and Ontario are both great places to fish. I have an old camper close to Lake Erie and keep a small boat up there. I sold my bigger boat a couple of years ago, but everyone in the pictures but me is a charter Capt so I manage to get out quite a bit. Both of the young guys fished with me on my boat before they got their own. Toughest thing about Lake Erie is the wind and short wave frequency make it very rough sometimes and it will happen fast at times. Love fishing it though.

Thanks Tightlines, that was 2 consecutive night fishing trips. limited out both nights. Late May is the right time of year. All in 8-15 FOW running shallow plugs off of 6 inch planer boards with glow sticks taped to the boards.

Thanks MO

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

All those fish are so fat. I read that they've adapted to eating Gobies which have exploded in population as an invasive species.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

hurt locker

Quote from: Lunker Larry on September 14, 2016, 12:54:16 AM
All those fish are so fat. I read that they've adapted to eating Gobies which have exploded in population as an invasive species.

Larry, We have seen multiple Gobies in the Steelhead stomachs when they were cleaned. Also the Smallmouth target the Gobies. I am sure the Lakers do too because they feed deep on the bottom. 

Alan, there are some very nice Northerns and some Muskie around in Presque Isle Bay also, but I don't have any pictures of any good size ones. Pennsylvania only has about 45 mile of lake shore and all those fish were taken in Pa waters.  Great Place to Fish, even in the winter. Just not for me anymore!!!!!!

Steve-O

Very Nice! thanks for sharing.

thorhammer

that's a nice haul. walleye one of my favorite eaters.