My 501 handle and knob upgrades

Started by pjstevko, September 21, 2016, 01:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I upgraded my handle to a Three Se7ens offset handle (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16390.0) and a Striper Lou acrylic knob which matches my Lee Pro side plates and Tib purple spool perfectly.....

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Tightlines667

That is probably one of the sweetest little handle upgrades.

That one will stand out in a crowd.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

STRIPER LOU

Lookin good PJ! The knob is a perfect match. Very nice custom.
That particular color is very popular at the shop and hard to come by unless you want to purchase the imported stuff which I avoid !
.......................Lou

Rothmar2

As others have said, sweet reel, and very unique.

sdlehr

Absolutely gorgeous. The color match couldn't be better!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bryan Young

I so wish I had the time to visit you Lou. Would love to see what else you have up your sleeve.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Your welcome any time Mr. Young. If your plans change you have my number. It certainly would be great to meet and see the projects going on.
Have a safe trip and all the best,  ..  Lou

foakes

Great upgrade, PJ --

With that large handle knob of Lou's, it is great to get the power from the longer handle more towards centerline with Adam's offset crank.

Plus, that swirling mix of color could not be any closer of a match -- it really pulls all of the colors on the reel together.

Like some of my artist friends might say -- it pops!

Hope the Doc gives you a good report, because the best way to get that tape off the spool is to go fishing.

;D ;D ;D

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 21, 2016, 01:27:05 PM
I so wish I had the time to visit you Lou. Would love to see what else you have up your sleeve.

We all seem to get the talking part done -- including me.

We all find time for the important things.

Recently we discussed priorities --

My brother traveled the world for a major computer company as an engineer.

When he was diagnosed with cancer 4 1/2 months ago -- all Bob wanted to do was go fishing one or two more times.  So his wife took him and the wheelchair to Caples Lake and also to Lower Twin Lake outside of Bridgeport -- where they could fish the shore.  He never caught a fish -- but being out there was enough.

He passed 29 days before his 62nd birthday.

The company he worked for is still in business.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Decker

Psychedelic color scheme... I'd hear Jimi Hendrix when cranking :D