New Member here

Started by Jerseybros, September 24, 2016, 12:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseybros

Hi everyone, new member here that stumbled on this place because I love to tinker with my reels and anything fishing.  Would like to thank Alan for his help with some parts and hope to continue to grow in my experience and knowledge of reels.
Just wanted to share some of my projects, feel free to comment any suggestions of questions for anything going forward.  Here are a couple reels I drilled out and a few of my first custom rods that I have kept for myself.

Jerseybros

Penn 704z & 710 greenie

Jerseybros

Penn 750ss
Upgraded to new drag washers, added another underneath the spool.  On one of my custom rods.

Jerseybros

Couple more custom rods

RowdyW

Hi & welcome, It's good to see new blood in the spinner department & rod building departments.             Rudy

cbar45

Nice. What blanks do you usually build on? I like the look of those long open wraps. Enjoy the forum!

chad

Bill B

JB....welcome to the Darkside....I like the drilling on the spinners.....can I ask what's the benefit of the drilling?  The rods look awesome.  Keep the pictures coming...we like pictures.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Jerseybros

Most of the rods are on American Tackle blanks, jigging series is a blank I like to use for a little bit of everything, graphite, very light, good backbone, and a parabolic bend will whip the fish really fast.  Green spinner is a 30-50 rating, blue spinner is 15-30, both 7', perfect rods for striped bass fishing in the northeast where I'm at.  The green and gold conventionals are 50-100 blanks in the same blank, 5'8" used for trolling and chunking tuna.  The penn 704z rod is a 9ft lamiglas surf blank, will cast a country mile.  The 710 rod is a 7'6" GLoomis won in a tournament, also will cast a mile, can't take the credit for that one though.

Drilling the reels accomplishes a couple things.  1) slight weight reduction 2) when surf fishing, the sand and salt will flush right through the reel when a wave dunks you.  3) It looks cool

David Hall

You're gonna feel right at home here.  Welcome.

Bryan Young

Amazing Jersey and welcome.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

where in Jersey are you???

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

sdlehr

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 24, 2016, 03:26:11 AM
where in Jersey are you???

Mike
He means, "what exit?" :)  I'm also a Jersey native, so I can say that :)  Welcome aboard.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Jerseymic

I'm from the original Jersey! ;D

Mike.

Big Tim

Welcome...Way cool  ;D

Big Tim from the left coast

bluefish69

Quote from: Jerseymic on September 24, 2016, 02:29:15 PM
I'm from the original Jersey! ;D

Mike.

Thanks mic I needed that this mornin'

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.