Go Get 'Em, Mark T!

Started by Aiala, September 24, 2016, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Several nice dinners hanging on that hook.

Dominick

They are really good eating.  Congratulations Mark.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

My 14 Wahoo came to 497# or a 35.5# each. The biggest one was 54#. My 2 Grouper came to 46# @ 25 and 21#.  At $.65/lb my processing bill came to $353. I had 2 100qt coolers filled with Wahoo. The Grouper had to come home in a plastic trash bag with ice since there was no room left in the coolers.  One of my friends covered the fish cleaning and I gave him over half. One of my son's coworkers wants a Wahoo's worth too. I still have a shelf in my freezer full. That works for me!

We had gone straight to the Alijos Rocks from San Diego for 2 days and 2 days straight home from the Ridge.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

stoked4fishin

Awesome trip Mark, congrats!  Post some more pics if you can.  We leave tomorrow 9am!

Shark Hunter

Glad you caught lots Mark.
Thanks for taking us along.
Congrats. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Good job Mark T.  The T stands for Taking fish.  Congratulations.  Now post some pics.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Here are some. I don't know what's with this software flipping pictures. I have a few more pictures on my camera. These came from my phone.

Bryan Young

Looks like one epic trip Mark. Congratulations.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

<-- This shot is so spectacular I'm using it for my desktop background!  :)

I just hope Mike and I can have some of the same luck (and skill) when we go on our EXCEL 10-day in December!   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Rancanfish

Holy cow, what a great haul Mark. 

We want lots of pictures,  and of course an equipment report! What rods &reels were used for what, etc.....

You know, for us guys living vicariously through your adventures!

Congrats.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

MarkT

Aiala, I'm using that picture as the wallpaper on my computer too! That's the Indy in the background.

What worked? Bombs thrown on a Phenix 909xhj with a TranX with a 50# leader. I got 7 Wahoo on it.
Trolling with the Banshee Cowbell on a Phenix phd700x3h with a Makaira 16 with 130# fluoro on top of 100# spectra. Bait on my old Seeker cjb65h 'birthday' rod with an Avet JX 6/3 with 40#.

Bomb color does seem to make a difference. Fast isn't always the best color!  At the rocks a blue/pink bomb worked best although some were caught on green too. Hands down chrome/pink was the ticket on the Ridge. The combo worked for bombs, Raiders, Sea Strike 33's. I bet pink 6xJrs would've worked well too. I know a well regarded long ranger on the trip after ours who always does well and only uses 6xJrs.

Steve-O

Big congrats on a very successful trip!

MarkT

Im 6'4"

Shark Hunter

You are only 24" sideways. ;D
Life is Good!

David Hall

Just an FYI. Those pictures straighten right out when you tap on them to enlarge.
Awesome fishing Mark you filled the freezer and spread the love.
Way to get it done.