Accurate3/0?

Started by Swami805, November 15, 2016, 01:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Greetings ,I got this accurate conversion from the auction site. It was sold as a 3/0 and I could see from the pictures that it had a topless frame and looked narrow. It arrived today and has a accurate topless frame and from the looks of it a penn 501 spool. I not that familiar with accurate except for a few conversions I did back in the day. Is this a 3/0 or jigmaster side plates?
any info would be great, thanks, Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sheridan, the center to center distance on the holes for the cross bars on the Jigmaster should be 1/2".  The 112H 3/0 is about 1".  That's probably a Jigmaster unless someone got really crafty and drilled their own holes in the Accuframe to fit the 112H plates because Accurate did not make any topless frames for the 112H, to the best of my knowledge.

Randy

MarkT

Looks like an Accurate Jigmaster frame. They're half frames. The 3/0 frames are full frames with a top bar.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Thanks Randy and Sal, I just checked with a 3/0 and a 500 and it's 500 size. Was kinda hoping it was a 3/0, oh well. They're Californian side plates, any chance you have a Californian frame Randy? One of those lemonade deals I guess. Thanks

thorhammer

Should you decide to part with it and continue your search, be sure to contact Daron; he may want that Californian set to go with his 4/0's.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sorry Sheridan, I don't have a Californian Blue Jigmaster frame at the moment.  The closest would be a Tiburon electric blue, but it wouldn't be a good match, and besides, I bet that you will get bit just as well with the black frame anyway.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: thorhammer on November 15, 2016, 02:25:28 AM
Should you decide to part with it and continue your search, be sure to contact Daron; he may want that Californian set to go with his 4/0's.

That's a great idea John.  If those plates are in nice shape, Daron would probably come up with something that you would love to trade for.

Swami805

Thanks, I'll sleep on it. Tiburon shows a few sizes of cobalt blue frames maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have one. I just cracked it open and it could use a cleaning but at least it's been well greased. The side plates have a few small scratches but no corrosion I can see. I kind of like the Californian aspect, that was the reason I bid on it.
I was thinking maybe accurate made a narrow 3/0 at some point so I took a stab at it, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Thanks again. Sheridan

Shark Hunter

I appreciate the input guys, but I'll stick with my 4/0's. ;)

Life is Good!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on November 15, 2016, 02:43:36 AM
Thanks, I'll sleep on it. Tiburon shows a few sizes of cobalt blue frames maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have one. I just cracked it open and it could use a cleaning but at least it's been well greased. The side plates have a few small scratches but no corrosion I can see. I kind of like the Californian aspect, that was the reason I bid on it.
I was thinking maybe accurate made a narrow 3/0 at some point so I took a stab at it, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Thanks again. Sheridan

Sheridan, I'm pretty sure that the Californian blue is halfway between Tiburon's Electric Blue and their Cobalt, neither of which is going to be a very good match.  You might be better off with a contrasting color (silver?).

Swami805

Thanks Randy, I have a silver 501 frame and black spool, I'll see how it looks.Tore it down cleaned and the full AT treatment and new bearings. It cleaned up nicely with one tiny spot of corrosion where the little pin that holds the dog spring was close to the aluminum. All stock inside, nothing special there but really impressive free spool. I guess the nice thing about a little boat rash is I won't be paranoid about fishing with it.
Sheridan