Hurricane Mathew

Started by Bill B, October 01, 2016, 05:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

The only one I know to visit is my sister but she is 1/4 mile from the ocean. I'm a half mile from the ocean. Maybe I could go visit Sid but it looks like he is going to get hit harder then me. Houses down here aren't built out of wood. They use concrete block or solid concrete walls.

Keta

I am at 4100' come up and visit.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

I'm as ready as the shop fridge will allow, tho I'd like another handle of Bloody mix. I'd have to put it in the garage beer fridge tho. Ya'll be safe.

RowdyW

Your turn will come this weekend.  :-\

thorhammer

We are crossing fingers ....made through a half dozen when I lived at the beach, and a few  nasty ones inland. Good luck to you guys in the Carribean / Gulf region. Looks like several of my beach peeps are coming here for the weekend...and I'll need to restock......

Alto Mare

Be safe down there. In 89 I drove home from Florida when Hugo hit, 95 was looked like a war zone, signs were flipped the opposite way on both sides of the highway. I never thought I would make it back, something I will never forget.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Hope you got some grub on the other side of that fridge. Some Mustard and Modelo ain't gonna cut it.
Life is Good!

Bill B

He's got a bottle of Cholula Hot Sauce....he'll be ok  ;D  Prayers sent for everyone in the path....oh BTW we didn't have the major San Andreas earthquake they were predicting.... ::)  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Quote from: TARFU on October 06, 2016, 04:31:35 AM
...oh BTW we didn't have the major San Andreas earthquake they were predicting.... ::)  Bill
Yeah but the Giants shook things up.  Sorry about that Bluefish69... ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

Dominick

ARE YOU Talking To Me

My team went West in '58

I just follow the 2 we have to pass time

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

sdlehr

Thanks Daron. Rudy, you're welcome to come over! Bring food, we're a bit low.... I got the hurricane shutters up before dinner yesterday. I now live in a cave. So far just a little wind and rain, another 5-6 hours and that will be quite different. I've got the weather channel on the TV and am surfing various weather sites on my laptop. My wife works for the South Florida Water Management District, and they've been training for this since Wilma passed through in '05. She works 1pm-whenever the next shift arrives tomorrow morning. I hope we don't get hit too badly, in '05 there were so many trees that had been downed that I got lost not recognizing the neighborhood just a few blocks away. It was Eerie. Tonight we'll go one hour at a time...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

RowdyW

Sid, if you are starving I'll make a run otherwise I'll stay hunkered down with my trusty manual can opener in the pantry.  ;D ;D

Long Enuff

Sid I had the same experience here in Charleston when Hugo came through.  It looked like a war zone.  We walked down the road a block, turned around and didn't know where we were. The landscape changed so much, so many trees down, you totally lost your bearings. People don't understand it unless they have experienced it.

Maxed Out

A forecasted 10 foot storm surge would be enough to make me run for the hills. Let's hope it doesn't get that bad.

I'm watching the weather channel and hoping for the best for everyone that decides to ride it out.

John, you'll be just fine. :D :D Hope you have a generator to keep the fridge running.  ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

sdlehr

Quote from: RowdyW on October 06, 2016, 08:35:05 PM
Sid, if you are starving I'll make a run otherwise I'll stay hunkered down with my trusty manual can opener in the pantry.  ;D ;D
Thanks Rudy. I was thinking things would be torn up some more and getting groceries would be difficult. Not so, but I'll give them a chance to restock their shelves, I saw pictures of totally empty shelves in Publix. I'll make it through today and tomorrow with the food in the house.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector