First King Salmon for the year25 lbs

Started by Bill B, October 03, 2016, 01:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

25 lbs, 38", caught it jigging with a black and red sparkle iron minnow jig.....woohoo salmon its whats for dinner   ;D  bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Nice!  I did not tag a salmon this year.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Good looking fish Bill.
Is that your Fat Boy in the background? I don't see rod holders :)
Enjoy that Salmon!...Good job!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

Nawww, the bike belongs to the boat owner....sorry you didn't get one this year Lee....passed out salmon to the other residents at the Redneck Condo complex and still have 5 lbs to take home to momma....hoping to add another fish or three before the season ends in December...rumor is Riverangler (Ralph) has really been putting on a hurt to the population.....hope he leaves some for us upriver... ;D. Bill

Tiddlerbasher

RiverAngler

Very nice fish! Bill, so far I've hooked 3 and landed 2. The third one was a big cow that broke my leader at the boat. I had salmon for dinner last nite.  :)

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

ChileRelleno

Y'all lucky, we don't even know what Salmon are down here.

Nice fish!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Newell Nut

The only salmon we have in Florida is at the grocery store. Bummer. We do have ultra mini halibut sort of.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Bill nice.  When does the season close on the river?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RiverAngler

Dominick, I believe it ends on Dec 31st, but you wouldn't want to eat them that late in the season because they have turned grey inside and outside. I usually stop fishing for them after halloween.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Dominick

Quote from: RiverAngler on October 03, 2016, 06:43:14 PM
Dominick, I believe it ends on Dec 31st, but you wouldn't want to eat them that late in the season because they have turned grey inside and outside. I usually stop fishing for them after halloween.
Thanks Ralph.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RiverAngler

Bill B

Thank you for the kind words....I noticed a lot of last year's fish had pale flesh....so far from what I've seen all have been nice "salmon colored"  ;D  flesh....but have only seen the insides of three (1 mine, 2 a buddy's) Bill