Painting reel frames

Started by LetItFly, April 19, 2011, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetItFly

Ok here's the situation:

Picked up two Torium 30 though frame is in pretty bad shape. Cosmetically 5/10 but mechanically 9/10 so I was pretty worth it for the price I paid but no I wanna fix the frame.

Is it possible to paint it and still have a nice finish. Does anyone have or know of ways to do so? Anything would help.  

The paint on it as parts where it chipped away or is bubbling. I was thinking of sanding it off smooth it out and respray it with closes matching color. Then maybe a sealer? Yes or no

Nessie Hunter

The Toriums have a thin tin like plate on both end caps over Graphite??... 
Factor that in...
Those covers are pretty thin and wont take much, flimsy off the reel....

I knew one guy who did an excellent job on a few reels with Automotive paint in Cans...
Even R&R'd one Steeze Low Pro he had painted Orange - burnt Orange ish... Sweet!!

I have 2 Saltist reels I have almost tried it on....  Keep us posted on results....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

LetItFly

Ok well I emailed them so hopefully I can get some help. Told them about how they were and that I was trying to find an easy, effective, cheap, and still decent way to do it yourself. If anyone has any more info please post.