155's

Started by Shark Hunter, December 05, 2015, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have bought several 155's that I plan to narrow with the 29L-100 spool, ss posts and allen head screws.
I finally got around to this old girl.
I had plans for a full monty. SS sleeve, upgraded stack and new handle and arm. The ss sleeves I tried didn't work. A 155, a 200 and a 99 didn't work. There was too much lateral play in the sleeve.
From the handle, this reel is from the forty's. I just put the original sleeve back in with a Delrin undergear and an upgraded stack. I'll save the handle and arms for others. The old school torpedo handle is a nice touch to this modern upgrade.
I'm happy with the results.
Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Nice job Mr D. Looks great narrowed!!!!
.............Lou

Reel 224

Looking good Daron! A bit of old school with a bit of new school magic. ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

broschro

SacFly

Nice work.  155 is a great little inshore reel.  Also, I have to say, the lighthouse sideplate is pure class.

How did you come by the parts?  I've looked into doing the same thing and the parts were either difficult or expensive to get.

Shark Hunter

I ordered all the parts except for the posts from scott's earlier this year. 
Everything is still available except for the spools. I knew they wouldn't last long.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Can anybody tell me the differences with a 150 Surfmaster?  I know the 145 and 150 differences, but what's a 155?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

A 155 is exactly same as a 200 surfmaster. Only difference is the 155 is not a quick take apart reel.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

yup, same size reel. The 200 main gear is a little larger.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Scored this sweet 155 the other day. I love finding them like this. ;D
Life is Good!

mo65

Whew Doggies...that's a right fine 155! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!