Avet T-RX 50W

Started by Kennemj, December 21, 2016, 06:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennemj

Aloha,

Picked up a couple of Avet T-RX 50W's last year, (they were used but never fished).  Fished them all year and now I want to take them apart to service them.  was wondering if anyone had cracked them open and had any tips, tricks or warnings.  As I mentioned in another post, I'm a little concerned about the "quad drag" jumping out and devouring me if I open it up! :)  it didnt come with a box or schematics and I can't seem to find schematics online (maybe my google-fu is not working).  Can anyone point me in right direction for tutorial/schematics or tips?

THANKS!

Mike

exp2000

Tightlines667

I serviced a pair of these several years back....

Mean Reels!

I should've done a tutorial since they are a bit unique.  I honestly can't remember anything tricky or difficult about servicing these as opposed to other reels in this class (Everol, Tiagra, VSX, Fin-Nor, ect.).  Just take your time, tKe photos, and ensure you know the correct orientation/location of all parts along the spool shaft, and shims (if present).  I would have a look at some of the Avet tutorials available here, and elsewhere (youtube videos are great).  And maybe check out the threads on servicing larger reels, and the finepoints of shimming/spacing.

Basiclly, you just want to dissasemble, clean, debur (if needed), replace worn parts (such as clicker pawl/plate, bellevilles, rough bearings.. pinion is first to go), relube (marine grease on all metal surfaces/pack bearings, corrosion X on small moving parts, and Cal's drag grease on the CF drag washers), reassemble, test and shim/adjust (if needed).

Good luck!

Post pics if you have specific questions/concerns.

If you want to contribute greatly to the site, give us a step-by-step tutorial on how to service this model.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Kennemj

Awesome!  Thanks for the feedback!

can't believe I haven't asked all these questions before.  i'll try my hand at a tutorial if I can remember to take enough pics.