PLAIG Bearings

Started by exp2000, June 13, 2016, 12:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strewth

I normally run Hedgehog ZRs in my baitcasters and they are great. But not all Chinese bearings are poor, e.g. Bocas, so it will be an interesting experiment. One concern will be the quality of the stainless steel, but at least they are very quiet and spin with little vibration. Time will tell. I suspect many 'reputable' brands are now made in China.

exp2000

Quote from: Strewth on October 19, 2016, 09:36:24 AM
I normally run Hedgehog ZRs in my baitcasters and they are great. But not all Chinese bearings are poor, e.g. Bocas, so it will be an interesting experiment. One concern will be the quality of the stainless steel, but at least they are very quiet and spin with little vibration. Time will tell. I suspect many 'reputable' brands are now made in China.

Yep, I would love to find Boca's supplier.  I have made some inquiries but no luck yet. It would not surprise me if it is a Japanese manufacturer with an offshore manufacturing base in China. They all do this.

It's crazy that bearings have to travel half way around the world to come back here. But having said that Boca's service is exemplary.

I have tried a few Chinese sources. There are good and bad but so far they all fall way short of the Japanese product.
~