Main Menu

Thanksgiving

Started by jigmaster501, November 24, 2016, 02:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Hey everyone.

I figured I would drive everyone nuts a bit.

Don't wash the bird. Ever.  You just spread Salmonella, Campylobacter, etc. everywhere.... Aerosolized pathogen particles can fly 3 feet in each direction from the sink.....

Don't stuff the bird..... If you must, use hot stuffing and immediately place in the oven.

Cook the bird until all parts are 165F or above.

Cook the bird upside down for maximum tenderness of the breast.

Break down the bird immediately after resting for rapid cooling.

All foods must be cooled from 135F to 70F in 2 hours and from 70F to 41F in another 4 hours.

Use shallow pans in a NOT SO FILLED refrigerator. Double trays with ice under help too. Keep stirring the food...

If you have no way of cooling the food rapidly and you won't eat all of it at one sitting, don't make the food.

If you send everyone home with leftovers, small coolers with ice packs are great.

Enjoy the holidays and eat. The more you eat, the less food that has to be properly cooled...lol

Big Tim

I personally find this quite amusing  ;D  ;D  ;D I think I will go out to eat tomorrow and hope they do everything wrong cooking my food, then drink heavily so if I'm sick I can blame the booze.

Bless you all and thank you for your humor jigmaster501

BT

Dominick

Quote from: Big Tim on November 24, 2016, 02:57:22 AM
I personally find this quite amusing  ;D  ;D  ;D I think I will go out to eat tomorrow and hope they do everything wrong cooking my food, then drink heavily so if I'm sick I can blame the booze.

Bless you all and thank you for your humor jigmaster501

BT
Then call your lawyer... :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I will wash the bird, cook the bird, stuff the bird, eat the bird.
Hot, Cold, it is just a bird.
I am eating some cold bird right now and it is Delicious! ;)
Life is Good!

swill88

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving JM501.

I appreciate your professional posts.

It's a good thing we are a hardy species or I, for sure, would be long dead.

Now... what about that special domoic crab sushi? All good, right?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Steve

Shark Hunter

Easy Mike. :D
We had our Thanksgiving yesterday and it went very well.
A 22 pounder, with sweet potato casserole, green beans, stuffing, rolls and butter, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and Three different desserts. Pumpkin roll, some kind of pumpkin pie but whipped creamed based, and Cake.
I am just now recovering from such a feast. It was the Best Turkey I have ever had. It was sliced into steak like pieces.
I hope you all have the same pleasure that I enjoyed. ;)
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 24, 2016, 04:16:54 AM
I will wash the bird, cook the bird, stuff the bird, eat the bird.
Hot, Cold, it is just a bird.
I am eating some cold bird right now and it is Delicious! ;)

D, the only cold bird on my pallet for tomorrow is Wild Turkey  ;D
BT

bluefish69

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 24, 2016, 04:45:12 AM
Easy Mike. :D
We had our Thanksgiving yesterday and it went very well.
A 22 pounder, with sweet potato casserole, green beans, stuffing, rolls and butter, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and Three different desserts. Pumpkin roll, some kind of pumpkin pie but whipped creamed based, and Cake.
I am just now recovering from such a feast. It was the Best Turkey I have ever had. It was sliced into steak like pieces.
I hope you all have the same pleasure that I enjoyed. ;)

We prepped all day today. Sweet Pot. were roasted today made into Candied tomorrow. Stuffing is made & home made Cole Slaw & so on.

Happy Thanksgiving

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I can't drink that Bird, Big T.
I have had my fill of it. ;)
Have a good Turkey day Mike. ;D
Life is Good!

David Hall

Prep all day here too. 
I scrubbed and waxed floors, washed dishes, riced potatoes,  chopped gizzards, picked neck meat, stuffings prepped, cranberry sauce is made, birds washed covered and refrigerated, pies are done, tables and chairs are set, all the grandkids helped out them little fingers can pick the meat off a turkey neck in a hurry! nothing to do now but wait for all the wonderful guests to arrive.

newport

Crikey! I take it that you don't eat out at all.

jigmaster501

I just know what to order when I do..

bluefish69

DH

How do you wash the Turkey?  I put my Turkey in the Dish Washer next to 2 Jig Masters for extra flavor.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.