CC Squidder

Started by thorhammer, October 20, 2016, 01:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Tom's new kit with carbontex drags, steel main, chrome bridge, power handle. I'm going to change out the star to 10-66 and add a few bits you can't see with my next Scott's order, but she's nice. Note before and after....the ugly duckling had some really nice organs to donate.

Shark Hunter

Great work my man!
That is a master piece! if I ever saw one.
Life is Good!

mo65

Love that new Squidder kit...very nice! And yes...a 66 star will pair well with that handle. I used that combo on my Surfmaster 250 project. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

STRIPER LOU

John, that reel is SOWEET!!!!
.....Lou

thorhammer

Lou,  a little bit ago I held up your knob on it but the blue wasn't exactly the same. However, when I built this reel, to hedge my bets against a run on the spools when the kits came out, I also have a NOS chrome one, that's gona look fantastic on the green kit I'm getting next...with a green Lou knob  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (when you get around to it)

John

mizmo67

Wow...that there reel sure is purdy :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

theswimmer

Hey John,
Do you want to sell the original handle of the squider?
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Nice before and after John. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Quote from: theswimmer on October 21, 2016, 01:24:55 AM
Hey John,
Best,
JT

NO. But you are welcome to have it. PM your address.

John

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

thorhammer

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on October 20, 2016, 08:42:53 PM
Hey John, here's a blue I've been trying to work on for myself. Maybe a good match for your CC blue squidder? Piece shown is unpolished. This takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to get the super polish finish alone. The colors are semi translucent, so, the polish has to be perfect but the colors are amazing.
It going to be an angled T with 7 deg tilt and will go with Tom's electric blue 4/0 plates w/silver tib frame and black spool.

The other is an Accurate squidder 146 in purple with purple tib frame and black spool. This one will be the smaller centered tbar. When this color is polished it looks like a marble gemstone!

I don't have a single tbar for myself. As soon as they hit the display table in the shop, they're gone! I have about a dozen started for my reels if I ever get to work on them.

How do you like these colors?

Love that blue, Lou. I need a least one if you have time, no rush!

Best, ..  Lou

thorhammer

Quote from: theswimmer on October 21, 2016, 01:24:55 AM
Hey John,
Best,
JT

Hey JT, are you just hunting that red? I think I have some others similar vintage if you are hunting something specific. I'll shoot the red one on to you in any case. Pm your address.

John