Daiwa SL20SH - MINI TANKENSTEIN LIVES

Started by Big Tim, October 27, 2016, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

PARTS & REELS ARE IN...THE MINI TANKENSTEIN LIVES...THANK YOU WARREN

Here's the frame kit.

I wont bore you with a bunch of dialogue but will say this...Don't drink and Talk to Alan while doing this build  ;D Warren sent my 2 reels a SL20Sh & SL30SH and I needed both to work out a missing spacer, a loose drag star & a complete set of good bearings & again thank you Warren, Alan & Bryan for my wallet being lighter.

Here we go:

Bad bearing under the shaft, so the 30 will donate the bearing and the cleaner shaft:

Pretty simple build...The frame assembly holds reel tight tolerances

These were very helpful

A few leftovers

Sic

Now to send it to Alan for line.

Tim

thorhammer

That's sweet BT. Dang now I want to convert the reef reel again but I'm gonna refrain.

Hamachi

Nice! Glad it worked out for you. I checked out the price of a drag star and gear shaft $5 each.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

handi2

Its hard not to do it because the frames are so cheap. I did 2 different models last week. The only trouble is the darn dog spring staying in the pocket.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Big Tim

Quote from: handi2 on October 27, 2016, 10:19:03 PM
Its hard not to do it because the frames are so cheap. I did 2 different models last week. The only trouble is the darn dog spring staying in the pocket.

Kieth I gave mine a little downward bend where it goes into the pocket

Tim

handi2

I did by the instructions but Daiwa has that wobbly arrangement with the separate post. The holes for the post aren't drilled flat so the post and dog wobble until you get the side cover on.

Its a typical Daiwa anti reverse still used in the Tanacom Bull reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bill B

Tim that looks like a bullet proof package.....Good build brother......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Mudman

Hamachi

I bet for the price of a spool, drag star, gear shaft and whatever spacers you need, you could build another one! By the way, if you hadn't noticed already that "30" is really just another "20" with a "30" side plate. But that wouldn't matter you just need to order the kit for the size spool you buy! That one has a bent spool shaft.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!