My Apologies

Started by Maxed Out, October 27, 2016, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Quote from: noyb72 on November 03, 2016, 08:47:54 PM
They go well with stock plates, don"t they?
I'm gonna love these.
Ron

These are super for the stock red plates!  I received my set from Ted and these are the cats' pajamas! The reel just feels so much beefier, yet no added weight.
These are Newell x 2 IMHO. 

I have (3) 113h and they all have Ted's bars. Turned humdrum reels into good looking set ups.  The fish will bypass other lines, just to get caught by the 'Top Kat' reel. Ted guarantees it.  ;D
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on November 03, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
Aiala says "bodacious." Aiala you must have learned that word from your father. You can't be that old.

Well, I'm not going on 102 like he is, but still...  ::)

Ted's bars really are the bee's knees, tho'!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on November 04, 2016, 12:44:37 AM
Aiala says "bodacious." Aiala you must have learned that word from your father. You can't be that old.

Well, I'm not going on 102 like he is, but still...  ::)

Ted's bars really are the bee's knees, tho'!   ;D

~A~
The bee's knees...yikes that is old.   ::) Glad your Dad is still going strong.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Aiala on November 04, 2016, 12:44:37 AM
Aiala says "bodacious." Aiala you must have learned that word from your father. You can't be that old.

Well, I'm not going on 102 like he is, but still...  ::)

Ted's bars really are the bee's knees, tho'!   ;D

~A~

Aiala, your dad must be a WWII veteran ?? You are one lucky lady to have him around and I hope he goes another 50.  8) God bless him !!

you are a bad influence  :D...what can I say, I had the same parts just laying around and had to have one like yours. I added the red clamp so you get a sneak peek at what yours will look like in a couple days when the clamp arrives.

The narrow kit with matching seat is no slouch. Hope to have a few in the near future.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

That looks fabulous Ted! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Aiala

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 04, 2016, 03:46:19 AM
Aiala, your dad must be a WWII veteran ?? You are one lucky lady to have him around and I hope he goes another 50.  8) God bless him !!

Ted, thanks for the kind words. Dad's target is actually 120, which is how long Moses lived. I wouldn't bet against him!  ;)  And yes, he served as a line officer in the South Pacific during the war, aboard an old WWI destroyer-minesweeper that served as inspiration for his fictional Caine.

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 04, 2016, 03:46:19 AMYou are a bad influence  :D...  What can I say, I had the same parts just laying around and had to have one like yours. I added the red clamp so you get a sneak peek at what yours will look like in a couple days when the clamp arrives.

How cool is that... Twins! And with a true reel Sensei, no less!  ;)  :D  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

JRD

Thank you Ted - what a class act!

Ted saw that I needed 113h cross bars and offered me a set at a great price.  Beautiful work, I haven't mounted them yet but finish and design were great.  Next thing I know I get a message that there is a matching clamp on the way UNBELIEVABLE but wait - if you buy today you get .......  no not a second set of Ginzu knives but Ted was nice enough to throw a stock seat in my bag as well.  I truly hate owing people so now I gotta figure out a way to make things even.  Thanks Ted, great work, great part and great guy.

David Hall

Pay it forward JRD thats how it's done.

rippin_lips

I'm waiting on some side plates in the mail that I picked up on the auction site. If they turn out to be nice, do you have more bars and/or reel seats for sale?

Maxed Out

Quote from: rippin_lips on November 08, 2016, 08:43:34 PM
I'm waiting on some side plates in the mail that I picked up on the auction site. If they turn out to be nice, do you have more bars and/or reel seats for sale?

The narrow seats were prototypes and only a few were made. More will be around soon.

I do have standard width red bars with matching clamp as pictured in this thread. You'll need a stock Penn 113 seat. Here are those bars on accurate side plates, and Cortez side plates.

Ted

rippin_lips

Well the good news is the plates I bought look very nice. The bad news is I didn't look close enough and they are the old style with the drag stack accessible from the outside.  They will work great to restore my dads old 113h that has seen better days. Do you have silver bars? Not sure these old plates are worth the upgrade but I would still like to have a set of bars on hand if I find some newer plates.

Maxed Out

Quote from: rippin_lips on November 10, 2016, 01:19:01 PM
Well the good news is the plates I bought look very nice. The bad news is I didn't look close enough and they are the old style with the drag stack accessible from the outside.  They will work great to restore my dads old 113h that has seen better days. Do you have silver bars? Not sure these old plates are worth the upgrade but I would still like to have a set of bars on hand if I find some newer plates.

No silver at the moment. That will change soon.

Ron Jones

Nothing wrong with external drags. I think the big top hat makes a smoother drag. All that chrome would match the silver bars fantastically.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"