DOES ANYONE SIGN THEIR REELS BEFORE CLOSING THEM UP?

Started by Dominick, April 01, 2011, 02:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Yo Sally:  Pay attention ;D.  Doug:  Thanks for the info.  Glad you brought it up.  Dom:  The answer to the question of whether the signature stays that way until you open it up again, is... Guess.   ;)  C'mon now everyone guess.   :-X Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Yo Domenicuccio, the answer has to do with what you're going to be doing with the reel. We already know that yours won't stay becouse you have to dismantle it AGAIN, do to Penn, ZIN and daylight savings time. I'm goin to guess that if you put it on a shelf or fish with it , it will stay, but if you hook a tuna or any other monster I beleive it will go, do to heat build-up. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

metalman

MAJOR NOOB here (as Alan, Sal and Broadway knows):
can't you put locktite on the screws so they don't fall out while you're fishing? I'm thinking the locktite that won't be "permanant"  and that can be taken out when YOU want it to....
metalman

Doug

Wow I guess I started something that I did't mean to. The fact is it takes a long time for the screws to back out. The injection plates are more flexiable and flex or vibrate under load. you just need to chek them  more often. If you change them they need to be in sets otherwise you will wind up with a reel with different colored side plates. I have never seen a maroon colored Penn that is the same color. I guess they make them in batches and each batch is unique. In any case just be aware of the problem and check the screws otherwise you have to stirp the reel down to almost nothing to swap out the plates.I didn't do this because I have a talent for lossing parts and pennparts already loves me   Doug

metalman

Quote from: Doug on April 05, 2011, 06:32:49 PM
Wow I guess I started something that I did't mean to. 
It just happened to be a very interesting topic!!! :)
Questions like this are DEFINATELY good for NOOBS like me to learn ;D!!!!!!!!!
thanks!
Metalman
p.s. See if pennparts is on the stock market. If so: BUY SOME STOCK :D!!!

broadway

Metalman,

I would grease the screws and screw holes.  Then check the screws about every month.  Never had any come out, but a couple loosened a tiny bit.  Make sure to check the clamp screws... they loosen quicker than the rest, usually.  Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 04, 2011, 05:55:32 PM
Yo Sally:  Pay attention ;D.  Doug:  Thanks for the info.  Glad you brought it up.  Dom:  The answer to the question of whether the signature stays that way until you open it up again, is... Guess.   ;)  C'mon now everyone guess.   :-X Dominick

Nuccio, how long are you going to make me wait? I gave it a shot , what's the answer? ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I don't know ;D   I opened one after six months after using it down in the hot sun in Baja and it was pristene.  Looked the same as the day I closed it up.  I will let you know in December when I maintain a couple of other reels.  My guess is a reel has to get pretty hot for the grease to run.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.