6/0 black face

Started by rtr091112, November 01, 2016, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtr091112

I just bought a 6/0 for my son who is stationed on Guam. I am in the process of cleaning it up and I want to change the drag washers.
My question is if I order the HT100's complete kit will I have to make any modifications with a Dremel tool I have read about, or can I put less washers in it ?

Shark Hunter

It probably has a three stack in it, unless it has been upgraded. The 5 stack upgrade doesn't require any modifications.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114SP.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Life is Good!

Bill B

It should be a direct drop in no modifications needed.....remember to grease the drags with a drag grease like Cal's or Shimano....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

It should fit right in. I recently serviced a reel that required 4 additional HT-100 washers because the 5-stack was lower in height compared to the 3-stack.  My suggestion is to buy 2  drag kits and that way you will have additional washers to play with the drag height.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Long Enuff

Brian, I had the same issue with one I worked on, but the original 3 stack had a keyed metal washer much thicker than the other metal washers. I just used it to replace the first keyed metal washer in the five stack. The groove for the eared washers in the main gear was also not long enough for the new 5 stack to drop low enough and the thicker metal washer fixed that too.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Long Enuff on November 01, 2016, 02:38:17 PM
Brian, I had the same issue with one I worked on, but the original 3 stack had a keyed metal washer much thicker than the other metal washers. I just used it to replace the first keyed metal washer in the five stack. The groove for the eared washers in the main gear was also not long enough for the new 5 stack to drop low enough and the thicker metal washer fixed that too.
I wasn't that lucky.  All of my keyed metal washers were the same thickness, so even the 3 stack sat too low for me as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D