Shimano 4500 baitrunner

Started by GeorgeN, November 21, 2016, 08:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

I have a good friend who has a Shimano 4500 baitrunner saltwater spinning reel.  I am looking for a source for the reel schematic for this reel.  I have been able to find the schematic for the 4500B model, but not the 4500.  I am not familiar with these reels so I am not sure whether the 4500B schematic would help him.  He is having a problem with the spool shaft in that it pops up about 1/4" while using the reel and it causes the line to pile up on the bottom of the spool because the shaft is not going through it's full travel once it pops up.  Appreciate any help, Thanks, George Santee, CA

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

GeorgeN

Bryan,  Thanks so much.  This should get us working on my friends 4500 baitrunner problems.  I really appreciate you quick response.  George Santee, CA

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

philaroman

sounds like the shaft is detached at the bottom & I don't think there's much difference in that part of the mechanism from the original 450 through 4500B -- you may want the "B" schematic for clarity/detail of graphics & "A" for correct part numbers

Ruffy

Here is a copy of the 4500A schematic if it helps!

Cheers,
Andrew