Removing custom knobs

Started by Alto Mare, December 15, 2016, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Yeah...hitting 19 degrees right now Sal!  I'll need to bundle up when I leave in a couple hours for Rogue One  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alto Mare

Dan, you're nuts ;D. I wouldn't go if they pay me, but my bones are twice as old as yours.
I'm nice and warm at the moment and sipping on some Vecchia Romagnia as I type ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

10:45 show, got the last ticket of 5 shows that was actually a decent seat...stoked  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

gstours

Hi Sal.  Keep warm indoors!   Was 2 degrees yesterday morn at my house.   Its easy now to plan indoors projects!! ;)
   A Tip from the north country is apply a fair amount of heat the the screw and nearby area, most epoxys and corrosion will give up and after cooling try it again  if neccessary,  especially easy where there is no rubber or plastic>>>  Its helped me. :-*

Alto Mare

Thanks Gary.
I did use a Weller solder gun, it usually does the job on the epoxy. I was forcing it it the right direction, but somehow the hex head still tripped :-\. Yes, I did have the correct bit, I'm thinking the material was just too soft.

It's all good now, I got it worked out and really like my new handles :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.