Longer Rod Clamp Screws for Newell P220-f

Started by Smols, December 16, 2016, 06:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smols

I want to put a newell 220 on a rod that has a thick wrap and the clamp screws are too short to get the reel where it needs to be on the handle. Where can I get longer rod clamp screws for a P220-F? Might I find them at Home Depot? If so, does anyone know the size of the thread by any chance?

alantani

take the screws with you.  you should be able to find something at your local hardware store.  i think they are 8-32 machine screws, but i'm kinda guessing here......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on December 16, 2016, 06:17:08 PM
take the screws with you.  you should be able to find something at your local hardware store.  i think they are 8-32 machine screws, but i'm kinda guessing here......   :-\
Good guess.  That is what the schematics indicate as the screw size. 

The reel comes with 3/4"  You may need 1" and cut down so the screw does not protrude beyond the reel plate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Smols

Thanks Alan and Bryan, I was able to find the 8-32 stainless screws at the hardware store and they worked perfectly. And for only $1.50  :D

PacRat

X2 on what Bryan says. BE VERY CAREFUL with clamp screw length as they can contact your spool flange and put it out of round. I've seen plenty of Newells that have been messed up this way.
-Mike