Newell 146 kit

Started by Sight Caster, March 27, 2019, 05:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sight Caster

Anybody know of any other reels that will take Newell 146 kit? I've heard the surfmaster 100 will accept it but id rather be certain before ordering.

Thanks,
Blake

Reel 224

Check with Randy Vintage off shore Tackle

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

I think the base and bars work but not the spool
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Ron Jones

The spool wil only work with the squidder. The Bars and bae work with th 180,100,27, 149, bars fit 349, base fits 501 and 1/0.. I' sure I've missed a couple.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

The bars will also work with the Newell 522 kit.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Forgot about th Newell reels. Suffice it to say, they are versatile.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

reel man

Base works on 220 & 322 Newell, you would need 220/322 or 501/506 bars.

Decker

The Newell 146 kit base and bars will work with the Baymaster 180, Monofil 27 and Surfmaster 100 You can convert any Surfmaster (except the 250), or Beachmaster, or Monofil (27,26,25 non-levelwinds).

BUT there is a different spool for those models, versus the Squidder 146.  The Squidder spool only works for the Squidder, because of a difference in shaft length.   The 29-100 spool will work for the other narrow reels.  Hope that is clear enough.

Ron Jones

You can use the base on a 250, with a 501 spool, and end up with a sorta 1/0 with exploding side plate.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
"