Black Sea Bass / Jumbo Porgy Trip - Voyager - 12/8/16

Started by coastal_dan, December 10, 2016, 03:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Great Trip with my Dad and youngest Brother.  Decent weather until it was about time to head home...seas ended up getting a bit rough, but it just adds to the story right!?

Fish Caught: Black Sea Bass up to 24", Porgies up to just over 20", various eels, and a single Ling.

Tackle: 2/0 or 3/0 Octopus and Bait Holder hooks on 40 lb leaders with 16 oz and 20 oz Lead

Water Depth: Ranged from 160ft - 210ft

Rods/Reels: Me (Fathom 15LD2 w/ Tsumani Airwave Heavy Jigging Rod), Brother and Dad (Daiwa Classic Rods w/ Shimano Charter Specials)

Outcome:  A great time had by all with plenty of fish and good times.  I am a bit sore and tired but it was WELL worth it.  Now I need to go finish vacuum-sealing the fish.

Photos:

I missed a photo of the third cooler...but it was a little 60 qt with tails hanging out! Haha.

Thanks for reading and Tight Lines!

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

thorhammer

Bro, some nice knotheads in there. good eats for sure. nice trip!

Big Tim

Awesome Dan... I have 5 Tsunami rods and love them.

BT

Bill B

Cool beans brother.....Great looking family and lots of fish.....doesnt get much better....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Fishy247

Nice fish! That's some serious seabass and porgy tonnage

Shark Hunter

Great Pics Dan.
Glad you got to get on the water with your pops and Bruh. ;D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Very nice Dan, that's some good eating fish. I might have to come along next year.
Tell your Dad I said hello, I'm glad he got out with his boys and show them how it's done :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

Awesome trip Dan! Black seabass are on my top 5 best eating fish.

coastal_dan

Thanks for reading guys.

Sal - That would be great!  Very enjoyable trip, I plan on doing at least one next December.
Dan from Philadelphia...

broadway

Good stuff, Dan.  Happy to see you out with your pops and bro.  Looks like a plentiful trip full of bubble gum chewing bass, dinner plate porgy, and large waves.  Really nice fish... enough to make a guy jealous. ::)
Say hi to dad and happy holidays to you and the family. 
I can smell the bass on the grill now, enjoy!
Dom

Decker

Nice, Dan.  I need to get out there...   An AT trip out of Jersey would be a big motivation.  :D 

coastal_dan

To you as well Dom - We just had Dalessandro's cheesesteaks on Sunday and Dad and I both agreed that there needs to be another 'gathering'...

Decker - I am all in; it may not be solely AT members, but I'm sure there are quite a few that would be interested.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Decker

Quote from: coastal_dan on December 14, 2016, 04:03:06 AM
To you as well Dom - We just had Dalessandro's cheesesteaks on Sunday and Dad and I both agreed that there needs to be another 'gathering'...

Decker - I am all in; it may not be solely AT members, but I'm sure there are quite a few that would be interested.

I guess the first thing would be to get a feel for what kind of trip Philly area AT members would like to do.   Which is the best forum to post that?