Squids--- bait or dinner?

Started by gstours, December 13, 2016, 05:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Things are always interesting down in the water. :)
   This video is very well done I thought.   Interesting and tasty! :-*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1f0ONaAMVE#t=246.781065
  Squid make a good bait for fishing post and hooks where I live.

bluefish69

Squids also make good eats. I had them fried Sunday. I will be making Stuffed in Sauce or Gravy on Christmas Eve. Fried again on Christmas Eve and in Cold Fish Salad.

Dominick knows where I get my bread.

Mike 
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Yep.  The Ragtime.  One of my favorites, stuffed squid.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Freshly caught squid is delicious and very tender. No where near the frozen stuff.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

otownjoe

The first time you grab a fried squid head with the tentacles and pop it in your mouth you know you are a adventurous eater. It took me a long time before I would eat them.Now it's my favorite part. Its weird how I will eat them at restaurants without thinking about it but every time I have one on my cutting board I can't get past the im eating bait part and won't take the time to process them for food. . I have caught them fresh but never saved them for food.maybe it's because they are too good as bait when they are alive.      Joe

oc1

Squid is good for dinner and good for bait.  But that guy's shrimp made out of a plastic straw is just amazing.
-steve

MarkT

Bait.  But fried squid rings can be hard to tell from onion rings.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

thorhammer

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 14, 2016, 04:32:35 AM
Squids also make good eats. I had them fried Sunday. I will be making Stuffed in Sauce or Gravy on Christmas Eve. Fried again on Christmas Eve and in Cold Fish Salad.

Dominick knows where I get my bread.

Mike 

Mike, hook us up with some recipes! sounds outstanding !

Decker

Freshly caught squid simmered in marinara just until it turns white. Mmmmm...

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Thai squid yum....is great!  Eat em'
><)))">

Cor

If I have the choice eat or bait, eat wins hands down.   In a pasta, grilled or deep fried, or stir fried.
BTW don't forget the fun you have catching the things, that is still the very best part.   Makes old guys act like little kids, make them squirt at your friends, or get all the black ink all over your mates! 
Cornelis

humboldtdan

I once saw a story about bad people selling pork bungs as calamari rings.  Not nice!