Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenx, baycom28, eguinn, DrReelChile and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

captain ray

I just discovered this site. I run a six pack charter out of Santa Cruz ,Ca. Come the end of the season I will absolutely be needing either the service or the tutorials on refreshing my reels.

happyhooker

Greetings, Cap'n., from Minnesota.

Frank

foakes

Welcome, Skipper!

Lots of experts on here to help you with your gear.

What type of reels, rods, and downriggers are you running?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome aboard - Chris UK

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Welcome Ray, from sunny Western Australia, how has the fish supply been this year for your charters, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

bhale1

Welcome Ray,
You found the right place!
Brett

alantani

I'm just over the hill. Ping me at the end of the season!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Over the Hill? :D
Welcome Ray.
Life is Good!

Sharkb8

Welcome Ray from South Australia Kim

AC49

Welcome Ray from Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

alantani

yup, over the hill!!!!  folks in the santa cruz area live on the coast.  to get to the next largest metropolitan area, they have to go "over the hill," northbound on highway 17 to get to san jose, saratoga, and the greater silicon valley.  that's where the phrase comes from.  it has nothing to do with my advancing age!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

happyhooker

Quote from: alantani on August 31, 2019, 03:02:53 PM
yup, over the hill!!!!  folks in the santa cruz area live on the coast.  to get to the next largest metropolitan area, they have to go "over the hill," northbound on highway 17 to get to san jose, saratoga, and the greater silicon valley.  that's where the phrase comes from.  it has nothing to do with my advancing age!!!!   ;D
I'm glad we got that clarified.

Frank

jcberg

Hi everybody!

I've been lurking here a couple of weeks and have learned so much about reel maintenance. I used to just go buy a new reel when they rusted shut but not anymore!

My name is Jo, which I guess is a female name in most of the English speaking world, but over here it's a male name.
I live on the eastern coast of Norway and I do a bit of everything, but mostly I do inshore boat fishing for sea bass and sea trout, and some bottom fishing for flatfish like plaice and halibut.
Cod used to be a thing, but due to overfishing they're release only in my waters these days and I don't target them.
I also do lots of trap fishing which I guess doesn't really count, but the Norwegian lobster is amazing and quite abundant in my waters, so I have to get them!
Plus it's nice to have a reliable catch if the fish ain't biting.

I sometimes go offshore fishing with my neighbor who has a more capable vessel, and we compete in tournaments and stuff.
My dad and my uncle sometimes go on offshore trips up north for large atlantic cod and halibut, I haven't been able to join them yet, but I hope I'll be able to make it next year!
I'm also in the process of learning my 5 y/o son about this fine lifestyle, and he seems to have taken quite a liking to it.