Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenx, Brendan, Donnyboat, ST.NicksCobia, MarkB and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lunker Larry

Welcome to you and all the other newbies I missed.
Sitting here in sunny Florida for the next 2 months.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

quintmundus

Hello All. Long time lurker, now on board! Thank you for the many contributions with so much valuable info. Vintage Penn collector, huge Jaws fan here. Cheers!

Wompus Cat

WELCOME
from Central Texas

Any Relation to
Frank Mundus
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Welcome from the Heartland, Quint.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Maxed Out

Welcome Quint. There's a few Penn enthusiasts here !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

kjdunne

Welcome from NJ...more than a few Penn fans here!

Kal

Brewcrafter

Welcome Quint from the SoCal Inland Empire. - john

Milt Ordakowski

Hi Alan. this is Milt. I just joined.
I was wondering how to tell the difference between the asbestos drag washers and the carbon fiber?

Brewcrafter

Welcome Milt from the SoCal Inland Empire.  The first time you see the washers the differences are pretty apparent.  And a lot of it has to do with the age of the reel (I don't know that anyone has used asbestos in many many years).  Asbestos are thicker, and very hard/inflexible.  Think brake lining or clutch surface in an automotive application.  Carbon fiber (CF) are more of a very thin, hard fabric, black, and many times you can see the crosshatch "weave" of the fiber.  They are (somewhat) flexible.  Unless what you are working on is a museum piece, CF upgrade with a light coating of Cal's Grease is the way to go. - john

Bill B

I know I have missed a bunch of new members.  Welcome to the greatest site on the web.  Bill, SoCal mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,, ;D

keithm87

Hi all! I'm keith from VT. New here, just picked up a couple old penn 130 originals, and an Avet TRX 50w.

Will be working on maintenance for the 130 reels in the next couple weeks and I'm sure I will have questions.

Thanks for having this community!